Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Tennessee Tony

Default Identifying trees

Hello, I am hoping someone here can help me identify some trees by their
leaves? I think I know some of them, let me know if I'm correct. I'm
in East TN close to the smokies. I think in zone 6 but it sure seems
like it should be zone 7. (this last winter would have been a zone 8+!)

Hopefully this link will show the leaves.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...=18755913 108

The heart shaped one may be more of a bush, but I'm not sure, it could
be a tree. Every leaf is nearly perfect heart shaped.

To the right of that I think is a Birch. It has grayish smooth bark.

Next to the right I don't know.

And the one following it I don't know, either but the tree has thorns
similar to a rose bush (although it is NOT a bush). I thought I saw the
same, except mature trees blooming along the road today. Sort of grape
like clusters of flowers, but that could have been something different.

The big one at the bottom left I'm guessing is a Tulip Poplar?

To the right is an Oak.

Above the Oak is a dogwood.

Last bottom right is a maple.

PS:Is Mad Gardner here?

Tony (the cocoa mulch guy from PA) I'm here on the other side of
English Mountain. Lost your email & phone.