Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 PM
nanner

Default How much growth from new roses? (and my Trellis)

I planted 2 New Dawn climbing rose plants, the cheap kind from Home Depot
(5.99 each, I think there is worse out there)

I built a nice trellis and put it up on the side of my shed and planted the
roses in front. They are growing, it looks like about 2-3" have come out in
a few spots.

It's been 2 weeks since I planted them, is this a normal rate of growth to
expect? about 1-1.5" a week or is it more random than that?

The info I read on New Dawn says they will get to be 8-10 feet so I am
wondering if I can expect that in a season...honestly I have no idea what to
expect!! This is my first attempt at roses and I am new to gardening in
general!

Any info will be helpful - I just can't seem to find the answers I want
through google.

Wanna see the trellis I built? As you can see in the picture I have shade
there part of the day.
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/Trellis.jpg

the picture was right after i built it but before i centered it and attached
it. each plant is centered in front of the 2 ladder-type sections. It's 8' x
6' I think I will put something decorative in the top middle section

thanks all!