Old 18-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Roy

Default Walkway trellis and climbing roses. Update

Well I have thr trellis all finished except for the painting which I
hope to do this Friday or weekend if the weather holds up, and today
we picked up some roses and some vines.

We went to a local large nursery and garden center here in town,
Southern Homes and Gardens, and looked at what thewy had. They had 4
beautifull deep red with dark glossy foilage roses climbing on a
wooden trellis, and the roses were named Stairway to Heaven. They sort
of look like Bills in his photos. They told us they were very tolerant
and easy keepers, and they had these roses there for a number of years
and it was a very good choice for our needs and the area, so we got
them, along with 2 Confederate Jasmine vines, which they also had
growing in amoang the roses. The vine is a evergreen in this area and
in early spring is covered in tiny white flowers, very fragrant. Seems
not to interfere with the roses, so we will just have to see if we
have as good of luck as the garden place did with theirs, besides it
will have a bronze colored leaf on this jasmine over the fall and
winter months so the trellis will always have soomething growoing on
it year round hopefully.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. There wa soly one of the
other roses mentioned in the topic that they had or sold, and it was
the Golden Shower type, and they only had one of those, well just have
to see what turns out.
Thanks again

Roy
I had no input whatsoever.