Old 06-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Smiles

Default Around the Bird Bath

Hi ,
What one type of plant would you suggest planting to make an impact in a
garden that is only three feet around with a bird bath in the centre of it
The circumference is all rock (It is the top garden of a rockery that is on
a slope and gets wider with each terraced "step" down and it is beside a
stream. I am in zone 5a. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:47 PM
SedumQueen

Sedum, my personal favorite.

Old 06-05-2005, 04:10 PM
nanner

"SedumQueen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sedum, my personal favorite.

Any particular type that you favor? I googled it and saw so many varieties,
all so different!

I am also planning to plant around a birdbath so I was interested in your
reply.

Thanks

Old 07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
SedumQueen

You could plant a few of the taller varieties like Sedum Telephium
Autumn Joy or Neon and a couple of the ground-cover spreading types
like Sedum tetractinum and Sedum sexangulare.

http://www.mc-garden-gifts.com/Merch...T&Store_Code=G

Click "Download Catalog" to get the full listing. When you're looking
at the catalog listing, look at both Sedum and Spathulifolium, as
they're both types of sedum. There are so many wonderful varieties of
Sedum you just can't go wrong.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Lisa Hurley

And it's pretty hardy stuff -- I live in zone 3 and several varieties are
"old reliables" even in our climate!

Lisa
Montana

"SedumQueen" wrote in message
ups.com...
You could plant a few of the taller varieties like Sedum Telephium
Autumn Joy or Neon and a couple of the ground-cover spreading types
like Sedum tetractinum and Sedum sexangulare.

[IMG] code is On

Bird bath Padraig Garden Photos 2 16-01-2007 11:21 PM
Pump for bird bath? Angela Marsh Ponds 21 17-06-2006 02:15 PM
A Heated Bird Bath as your center piece. BirdOasis North Carolina 3 30-11-2005 02:12 AM
Something red grows in the bird bath Anonny Moose Gardening 8 21-05-2004 02:02 AM
BIRD BATH QUESTION WARRENRN1 Gardening 4 22-07-2003 04:08 PM