Old 24-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Gntry

Default Need some info

Hi,
I'd like to know when is the right time to transplant lilly of the valleys
and tiger lillies?
The LOV have already bloomed....the tiger lillies haven't...
Also, I have black eyed susan seed heads from last fall. I gather the seeds
are in the head, if I plant them this year, will they grow or will I have to
wait for them till next spring?
Any info is greatly appreciated.
CG in NY near Buffalo(I think zone 5 or 6?)

Old 24-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Vox Humana

"Gntry" wrote in message
Hi,
I'd like to know when is the right time to transplant lilly of the valleys
and tiger lillies?
The LOV have already bloomed....the tiger lillies haven't...
Also, I have black eyed susan seed heads from last fall. I gather the

seeds
are in the head, if I plant them this year, will they grow or will I have

wait for them till next spring?
Any info is greatly appreciated.
CG in NY near Buffalo(I think zone 5 or 6?)

Both are very tough plants and can be transplanted anytime. I have
transplanted the daylilies anytime from early spring to late fall. When
transplanted in the spring, they didn't miss a beat, blooming as expected.
I prefer to move LOV after they bloom as they can go dormant in the heat of
summer and it is harder to locate them.