Old 02-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Jmn

Default Choosing a Lawn Mower with swivel casters or NOT

I want to buy a push lawn mower.
Does anybody have any experience, comments, suggestions or
recommendations on a lawn mower with swivel casters in the front.
I have less than 1/4 acre yard but I want to do it painless.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Warren

Jmn wrote:
I want to buy a push lawn mower.
Does anybody have any experience, comments, suggestions or
recommendations on a lawn mower with swivel casters in the front.
I have less than 1/4 acre yard but I want to do it painless.

If you have a lot of corners, especially inside corners, the swivel casters
will make it a lot easier to mow into the corners without having to raise
the front of the mower to turn. Not only does it make the turn easier, but
you can do it in less space.

With a conventional mower, to lift the front wheels you need to push down on
the handle, which changes it's angle, and causes it to stick out further.
Also, as you push down, you're likely to stick your rear out further. So if
you don't have to push down on the handle, and you aren't sticking your butt
out, you can turn in less space.

So the more you turn, and the tighter those turns are, the more you'll
appreciate the swivels.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html

[IMG] code is On

Swivel blade bow saw query. aquachimp United Kingdom 111 01-03-2009 12:10 AM
Choosing a mower? A.Lee United Kingdom 4 09-05-2007 06:24 PM
All yards are not the same: Choosing your grass wisely [email protected] Gardening 1 20-07-2006 02:34 AM
All yards are not the same: Choosing your grass wisely Bob Hobden United Kingdom 1 18-07-2006 12:02 PM
All yards are not the same: Choosing your grass wisely [email protected] Lawns 0 18-07-2006 09:26 AM