Old 14-02-2009, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Swivel blade bow saw query.

I've spent much of the evening doing a websearch for a modern bow saw
with a twist.
It's basically a modern bow saw, looks just like the ones in the shops
which has a clasp release system to allow for the blade to be changed.
The only difference with those ones and the one I'm looking for is
that when you release the clasp, you can swivel / rotate the blade to
what ever angle you need.
It's ideal for tree pruning as it seems far better with a pruning saw.
Anyone who has ever tried to use a bow saw to saw of branches will
have noticed that the "bow" gets in the way of the preferred angle of
cut, By adjusting the angle of the blade, that problem is solved.
We have them at work and I'd like to get one myself. However, all I've
been told is that he has them since way back, they're German made but
no longer been produced. Which, if true seems to be a great pity.
What I'm looking for is not the 'Traditional' H shaped 'Bow saw',
(also called a Turning saw)
nor a buck/swede/sandvik/milter scroll, saw nor just about any of the
saws I've found listed in a woodwork group.

So, does anyone know where I can get such a sway (other then being
ripped off via Ebait)?
Do they have a particular name?
have any suggestions for my online search.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 14-02-2009, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from aquachimp contains these words:

/hack/

So, does anyone know where I can get such a sway (other then being
ripped off via Ebait)?
Do they have a particular name?
have any suggestions for my online search.

Look in auction houses, secondhand shops, Freecycle, etc.

I have a wooden one even older than the one you describe - it is
tensioned with a twisted cord at the top of the 'H' and held with a
beechwood peg.

Loosen it, and you can twist the blade to any angle.

__ _________ __
\_\_____________\_______/_______________/_/
(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\)
/Ż/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ|ŻŻŻŻŻ|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\Ż\
| | | | | |
| | \ / | |
| | | | | |
| | \ / | |
| | | | | |
| |ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ| |
| |ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\Ż/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ| |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | __________________________________ | |_ -\ -----
=| |=|o o|=| |_| ŻŻŻŻ )
Ż ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ż -/ŻŻŻŻ -----

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 15-02-2009, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 14, 10:50*pm, Martin wrote:

New one here for 30 quid.http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/su...picking-prunin...
--

Martin

Thank you. Though not for the advert, but for the wording of your
reply, because it extended my search possibilities and I think I've
now found it.

http://www.sveden.it/en/SchedaProdot..._18_200.asp x

Trouble now is how to get it from Italy.

The bow saws we use are much bigger than the wolf one you mention. It
means that we can hag them on our shoulder as we climb. I can't see
that as a real possibility with the wolf one
Old 21-02-2009, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.sveden.it/en/SchedaProdot..._BOW_SAW_18_20...

Trouble now is how to get it from Italy.

The bow saws we use are much bigger than the wolf one you mention. It
means that we can hag them on our shoulder as we climb. I can't see
that as a real possibility with the wolf one

Ok, ever resourseful beings; I've filled in their request form. The
site is entirely in English, but on submitting the form I get back;

La vostra richiesta è stata inviata, verrete ricontattati al più
presto.

What does that mean?

I got it last week too, and assumed it might mean something about
getting back to me ASAP.. Wrong, clearly.

And, in for a penny an all, how do I write, in Italian, how much is
their adjustable bow saw , (Euro or £), will they send to Belgium, or
have they an outlet there already?

Ta (-:
Old 21-02-2009, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 21, 5:06*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 05:05:31 -0800 (PST), aquachimp

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There is a Dutch auction site that disposes of bankrupt businesses, among the
hundreds of items that belonged to an outdoor activity companyhttp://www.bva-auctions.com/auction/index/1025*is a lot consisting of 6 bow
saws and climbing ropes etc. Half the things don't attract a single bid. On the
same site the property of a fraudulent investment company "Easylife"!!! is up
for grabs. They seem to have spent the punters money on very expensive cars,
watches, wine and a lawn mower and
tractor(http://www.bva-auctions.com/category/index/1032/51153/2)

http://www.bva-auctions.com/auction/category/1032
--

Martin

Crikey, a whole ride on mower for just 200 euro.

I wondered if you were 'that' martin.
Hows your Italian (-:?

Old 21-02-2009, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default adjustable bow saw

On Feb 21, 7:43*pm, aquachimp
wrote:
On Feb 21, 5:06*pm, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 05:05:31 -0800 (PST), aquachimp

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

OK Got it;

"Your demand has been sent, we will contact you soon"
Old 22-02-2009, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
.................................................. ..............
"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:09:57 -0800 (PST), aquachimp
wrote:

"La vostra richiesta è stata inviata, verrete ricontattati al più
presto."

OK Got it;

"Your demand has been sent, we will contact you soon"

Beware of men in suits wearing dark glasses.
--

Martin

Whilst it is not 'brilliant' with regards to 'English and how it are spoke'
http://translate.google.com/translate_t# is very good and I use it quite a
lot. Worth bookmarking

Mike

Old 22-02-2009, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:43:33 -0800 (PST), aquachimp
wrote:

On Feb 21, 5:06*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 05:05:31 -0800 (PST), aquachimp

wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:57*am, aquachimp
wrote:
On Feb 14, 10:50*pm, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:39:19 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:

The message

from aquachimp contains
these words:

/hack/

[...]

Que?

Sacha is the person you are looking for.

"Que?" es español ......"Che?" e italiano. E vero Sacha... no?

(Nobody likes a smart a**e.... so my apologies..;-))....)

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 22-02-2009, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 22, 10:25*am, Sacha wrote:
On 21/2/09 23:19, in article ,

wrote:

"La vostra richiesta è stata inviata, verrete ricontattati al più
presto."

OK Got it;

"Your demand has been sent, we will contact you soon"

Beware of men in suits wearing dark glasses.

Here's the answer from the Italian speaker I asked:

" 'Your request was sent, you'll be recontacted as soon as possible.'*

This is 2nd person plural address which I have not heard used since 1973.*
Your ASAP may not match theirs and it IS Carnevale, after all!

I have no clue what they call an adjustable bow saw here but more or less
this is it cobbled together, which commonly works:

"Quanto viene la sega al arco regolabile in euro or sterlina?* Può inviarla
in Belgio?* O è gia venduta in Belgio?* Dove posso comprarla, per favore?"

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Many, many thanks. I'll keep that for, ooh, say a month and then try
it (-:

Old 22-02-2009, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 22, 9:16*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
--

wrote:

"La vostra richiesta è stata inviata, verrete ricontattati al più
presto."

OK Got it;

"Your demand has been sent, we will contact you soon"

Beware of men in suits wearing dark glasses.
--

Martin

Whilst it is not 'brilliant' with regards to 'English and how it are spoke'http://translate.google.com/translate_t#is very good and I use it quite a
lot. Worth bookmarking

Mike

Yes, it was on a similar site that I got a rough idea of a
translation, along with Mrs aquachimp telling me what ricontattati
means.

Your link was the first I tried. I immediately got a response
informing me that my request had been submitted and they would get
back to me soon.

DUH! But I thought it was my request for a translation they were
talking about and went checking my email.

hides head in shame
Old 22-02-2009, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/2/09 09:35, in article , "Gopher"
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:43:33 -0800 (PST), aquachimp
wrote:

snip

Que?

Sacha is the person you are looking for.

"Que?" es español ......"Che?" e italiano. E vero Sacha... no?

(Nobody likes a smart a**e.... so my apologies..;-))....)

I don't know how I got into this! But yes, you're right. I should point
out that I can shop, ask directions, catch a train, eat in Italian but
conversing over any period of time is beyond me! My ex-mil was Italian and
so is my sister in law so I've picked a bit up through osmosis but not
enough to speak it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online

Bow Tie Vine Flower-6865 BarbaraH[_2_] Garden Photos 5 27-01-2015 08:39 AM
compound bow? symplastless Gardening 1 14-12-2007 02:01 PM
Choosing a Lawn Mower with swivel casters or NOT Jmn Gardening 1 02-06-2005 10:50 PM
All-Glass CF 110W Light Strip for 46 Bow Front Tank 10,000K? Markyt Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 09-12-2003 05:32 PM
Hoe with 2" blade? HH Gardening 4 25-03-2003 02:20 AM