Old 03-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Suzie-Q

Default Hybiscus trees?

The local Wal-Mart has what appear to be hybiscus trees. They are
in 3-gallon pots and stand about 4 feet high. I was thinking about
getting one, but would like to know first what will happen to them.
Will they grow taller? If so, how tall? Will they need a lot of
pruning to remain as a tree? Any info will help.

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old 03-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Cereus-validus.....

You dare question the oracle of Wal-Mart?

Have no idea what you are calling Hybiscus trees based on your detailed
description and the botanical name of the species.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Fred K Meyer Jr

I bought 2 hybiscus trees, but not from Walmart. They will grow taller
during the summer. I'm assuming you will bring them inside over the Winter.
You have to prune them before you put them out in the Spring. You also have
to remove low volunteer shoots so they remain as trees, not turn into
scrubs, which is the natural state of hybiscus.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Enough already.

You know what they say about people who ASSUME!!!

Just because Suzie-Poo can't spell that doesn't mean you need to be dim too.

The genus is spelled Hibiscus but the plants are not necessarily of that
genus.

She never said it was Hibicsus syriacus, H.rosa-sinensis or any other actual
Hibiscus. So you don't know if you have what so does or not.

news

Old 04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
David Ross

Fred K Meyer Jr wrote:

I bought 2 hybiscus trees, but not from Walmart. They will grow taller
during the summer. I'm assuming you will bring them inside over the Winter.
You have to prune them before you put them out in the Spring. You also have
to remove low volunteer shoots so they remain as trees, not turn into
scrubs, which is the natural state of hybiscus.

Scrubs?

See my URL:http://www.rossde.com/garden/index.html#misnom.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See URL:http://www.mozilla.org/.

Old 04-06-2005, 07:29 PM
MICHAEL LYONS

"David Ross" wrote in message
Fred K Meyer Jr wrote:

Scrubs?

Scrubs!

Old 05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
MICHAEL LYONS

"David Ross" wrote in message
Fred K Meyer Jr wrote:

I bought 2 hybiscus trees, but not from Walmart. They will grow taller
during the summer. I'm assuming you will bring them inside over the
Winter.
You have to prune them before you put them out in the Spring. You also
have
to remove low volunteer shoots so they remain as trees, not turn into
scrubs, which is the natural state of hybiscus.

Scrubs?

Hospital administration keeps reminding us that these surgical outfits don't
grow on trees.

Old 05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Cereus-validus....." wrote:

- You dare question the oracle of Wal-Mart?

Never. Oh, never!

- Have no idea what you are calling Hybiscus trees based on your detailed
- description and the botanical name of the species.

My problem, too.
--
8^(~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Old 05-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Suzie-Q

In article k.net,
"Fred K Meyer Jr" wrote:

- I bought 2 hybiscus trees, but not from Walmart. They will grow taller
- during the summer. I'm assuming you will bring them inside over the Winter.
- You have to prune them before you put them out in the Spring. You also have
- to remove low volunteer shoots so they remain as trees, not turn into
- scrubs, which is the natural state of hybiscus.

Thanks.

Actually, I was thinking of planting them in the front yard.
I'm in central TX, zone 7 (or 8), so it doesn't get very cold
here in the winter. Usually.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~