Old 08-06-2005, 03:45 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default spinach standing taller--bolting?

We've had 2-3 days now of 90 degree humid weather. I got to pay
attention to the garden when I came home tonight and noticed the older
spinach was standing rather tall and upright. Is this bolting?

I considered harvesting it, but I wouldn't be eating it till thurdsday
night and I prefer to harvest when I'm going to use it.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph
Old 08-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Ann

DigitalVinyl expounded:

We've had 2-3 days now of 90 degree humid weather. I got to pay
attention to the garden when I came home tonight and noticed the older
spinach was standing rather tall and upright. Is this bolting?

Yep, it's turning quite bitter tasting now, time to pull it and throw
it in the compost pile.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 08-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Doug Kanter

If you can't stand throwing so much away, it's still good if used to stuff
chicken breasts or pork chops, if you balance the taste with something sort
of sweet or mellow, like brie cheese.

DigitalVinyl expounded:

Old 09-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Ann

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

If you can't stand throwing so much away, it's still good if used to stuff
chicken breasts or pork chops, if you balance the taste with something sort
of sweet or mellow, like brie cheese.

Mmmm, can you come cook for us? ;-
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked

[IMG] code is On

Where can I find mowers that can mow taller? Sarah Houston Gardening 3 24-05-2008 02:41 PM
Sod getting taller! PSMSR Gardening 2 09-07-2007 10:42 AM
how to keep Japanese maple from growing taller? peter Gardening 5 11-01-2006 11:18 AM
Looking for a taller, cascading annual Polly Purebred Gardening 5 22-04-2005 07:21 PM
How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach. fitwell Edible Gardening 11 03-06-2004 03:11 AM