Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2005, 01:38 AM
alazar

Default ground bees

I've got ground (miner?) bees in the backyard. Generally there not a
bother as they seem totally uninterested in my family, but they are
expanding their range and digging up my lawn. I really just want them to
go elsewhere.

Any ideas on you to get rid of them?

My local garden store said to use an insecticide, but my wife does not
like that idea with the kids and I don't really want to kill them, just
get them to move. I was thinging of pulling up the whole lawn are and
mixing in some DE in with the topsoil (amending the soil a good deal at
the same time), and then reseeding the whole space. Man, that'd be a bit
of work tho.

thanks
bob

[IMG] code is On

Ground Dwelling Bees.... !!! infiniteMPG Lawns 7 17-11-2010 09:02 PM
Bees invaded my little outdoor frog habitat (how to get rid of bees) Judy Zappacosta Lawns 12 05-11-2010 12:23 PM
Ground nesting bees? markoc Lawns 2 13-04-2010 12:20 PM
small bees in ground janet Gardening 32 19-07-2007 03:53 AM
Place to ID some ground-dwelling bees? Bert Hyman Gardening 4 06-05-2004 06:03 PM