Old 10-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Airkings

Default New grass seed - thin, and ground getting uneven!

I planted grass in a circular type area about 10' diameter, with "new" black
dirt. The grass is coming up, but kind of sparse. We've had a lot of rain
here (Zone 4, I believe), so dryness isn't a problem. In fact, the rain has
"unevened" the surface, and I'm afraid ruts will form.

Since there is sparse grass coming up, is there any way to even the soil out
now? Can I rake it out a little bit?

--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave

Old 11-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Betty Harris

From: "Airkings"
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 03:30:54 GMT
Subject: New grass seed - thin, and ground getting uneven!

"I planted grass in a circular type area about 10' diameter, with "new"
black
dirt. The grass is coming up, but kind of sparse. We've had a lot of
rain
here (Zone 4, I believe), so dryness isn't a problem. In fact, the rain
has
"unevened" the surface, and I'm afraid ruts will form.

Since there is sparse grass coming up, is there any way to even the
soil out
now? Can I rake it out a little bit? "

It might help if we knew what *KIND* of grass you planted. If it was
fescue, which is a clump grass, it won't spread very much to fill in.
If it was bluegrass, which spreads by rhizomes, it will probably be
just fine. In any case, just leave it for a while and let it grow and
see what happens. Fescue takes 21 days just to germinate, and
bluegrass even longer. Patience, Grasshopper.

[IMG] code is On

Uneven growth of new lawn tenplay Gardening 2 18-05-2006 03:42 AM
Uneven growth of new lawn tenplay Gardening 0 17-05-2006 09:45 PM
Uneven grass Steve Lawns 8 20-09-2004 12:15 AM
Uneven grass height after mowing with my new Toro Recycler??-Suggestions Please?? m olofson Lawns 8 02-10-2003 05:05 AM
Uneven grass height after mowing with my new Toro Recycler??-Suggestions Jim Gilliland Lawns 0 24-08-2003 07:22 PM