Old 19-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:56:57 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Vegan-Organic Principles? Give me a f..king break. No animal products - do
they think horses and cows suffer if we use their manure??? :-)

So much for your purported tolerance of differing ideas!
Old 19-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Tom Jaszewski

Sorry I hadn't posted in a while and didn't catch the troll....

Old 19-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Betty Harris

From: Bourne Identity : Sun, 19 Jun
2005 20:16:03 GMT
Subject: OT/ Vegan Fertilizer

Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jun 26, 4:16 pm).

"How ya been Tom? Long time no see."

Is Tom still working at the Mirage? Does the volcano come under his
job description?
Betty

Old 19-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Tom Jaszewski

No volcano's for me!! But I still am tending palms....

On 19 Jun 2005 13:44:18 -0700, "Betty Harris"

Old 19-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Tom Jaszewski

OK V, still keeping up with sustainable practices and doing well...

Still blazing away with compost extracts. So far the results have been
good except in Paggers garden!

Was inducted into the "SFI Hero to Zero" club recently for asking to
many questions, but there are a lot more of us than I expected! I've
plenty of company and lots to continue to learn.

I was entertained by the vegan fertilizer thread! Every time I lecture
with vegans in the crowd, they are shocked by what organics standards
allow for fertilizers.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:16:03 GMT, Bourne Identity
wrote:

How ya been Tom? Long time no see.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:01:01 -0700, Tom Jaszewski opined:

Old 19-06-2005, 10:39 PM
paghat

In article , X-No-Archive: yes
wrote:

OK V, still keeping up with sustainable practices and doing well...

Still blazing away with compost extracts. So far the results have been
good except in Paggers garden!

Careful there. The best studies show that compost "extracts" (as the
shifting sales-jargon lately decided to prefer, since "teas" having been
so roundly discredited) have the same effect in gardens as regular
watering. That's a pretty damned good effect, watering. My garden does
fine with regular watering, & would do as well (but no better) if I wanted
to fall prey to shills & scam artists & self-deluded vested interests who
promote pricy equipment to help people waste time making compost teas that
would be at best is an inferior tepid fertilizer & in the main no
different from watering the garden properly. But the studies are pretty
clear: Compost teas/extracts provide no improvement over that of regular
watering in microorganism populations, nor in health of plants, & provide
no "bonus" features of protection against plant pathogens. Those the plain
facts vested despite that vested interests keep denying the comparative
field studies apply to THEIR special magical blends.

-paggers

wrote:

How ya been Tom? Long time no see.

Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to
liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 21-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Betty Harris

From: Bourne Identity
Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 5 days (Jun 26, 9:43 pm).

"I doubt he'd like you saying that here, but it takes all kinds I
suppose.

If Tom didn't want anyone to know where he works then he wouldn't have
made a fricken TV show about it, would he, Eikel?