Old 17-06-2005, 02:25 AM
J.A. Michel

Default Help with a tree

Hi,

We just planted a Plum FLW Thundercloud #7 (Prunus Cerasifera
'Thundercloud') in our front yard a couple of months ago.
It seems to be doing great and having new growth, but now I've noticed a
problem. It looks as if the leaves are being eaten by some sort of bugs.
Does anyone know what bugs 'like' to eat this tree? More importantly, what
can I do to get rid of them??!

TIA

--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

Old 17-06-2005, 02:54 AM

I doubt there are any bugs eating the leaves, they dont seem to like
purple much. You probably are seeing damage from coccomyces(shot hole
fungus). It causes small round lesions that eventually die off and
fall out, leaving the holes. It is a cosmetic problem, but if you want
to spray for it, you need to start very early in the spring.

Toad

Old 17-06-2005, 05:08 PM

Nah it won't kill your tree, the damage has allready occurred.
Just keep the tree well watered a new planting can take 2 years to
establish, mulch is better than turf underneath , keep it pulled back
from the stem.

Old 17-06-2005, 09:45 PM
J.A. Michel

Thanks for the help.

--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2
http://home.alltel.net/jm44316

wrote in message
oups.com...
Nah it won't kill your tree, the damage has allready occurred.
Just keep the tree well watered a new planting can take 2 years to
establish, mulch is better than turf underneath , keep it pulled back
from the stem.

[IMG] code is On

Dig up tree root from large Cedar tree without Killing Tree? Albert[_4_] Gardening 8 12-08-2008 01:37 PM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
Tallow Tree was Peach Tree & Crepe Murtle Questions God Bless Texas Texas 5 24-06-2003 06:32 PM
Tree Expert - Can you identify this tree M Thomas Lawns 4 10-06-2003 03:09 AM
Free tree from Austin EnergyCity tree trimming gary Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM