Old 19-06-2005, 02:07 AM
L H

Default What is a young shoot?

Is a young shoot the same as a sprout?
I was reading that the young shoots of plants are edible and wanted to
know what a shoot was before I eat the wrong part.

get 6 month of FREE RENT in Northern Pennsyvania
http://www.dclassifieds.com/ad/3716647.html

Old 19-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

L H wrote:
Is a young shoot the same as a sprout?

AFAIK yes. Or maybe a stage or two beyond that.

Old 19-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Wolf Kirchmeir
writes
L H wrote:
Is a young shoot the same as a sprout?

AFAIK yes. Or maybe a stage or two beyond that.

I was reading that the young shoots of plants are edible and wanted to
know what a shoot was before I eat the wrong part.

A more important point is that *not all* young shoots are edible.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 20-06-2005, 12:55 AM
L H

"A more important point is that *not all* young shoots are edible."

Yes, good point. The plants I am considering, according to my source,
all have edible young shoots.
So, they should be sproutable(?)

Anyone know if there is a master list somewhere that contains what is
and what is not sproutable?
I know toms are not.
I cant find anything but the same common sproutables.
Mung beans and alfalfa and so on.