Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2005, 03:08 AM
Aspasia

Default Vine green beans - how many pickings?

Yo, group -

I sprang for a packet of Renee's organic seeds,
not cheap, but they grew very well (as did her cucumbers
and tomatoes.)

My q. is: how many pickings is one supposed to get
from beans? These were a charming mixture of
yellow and green "French" beans, long and thin
and delicious, but didn't bear for a very extended period.
Is that typical of vine beans?

I used to plant regular Yellow Wax Beans (yum), but
can't remember how many pickings they gave.

Any insights appreciated. This is So. Calif coastal.

--

Aspasia