Old 28-06-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Mowers

I'm looking at getting a zero-radius or large walk-behind mower to mow
my 2+ acres. I have a regular riding mower but it is uncomfortable to
use; makes my back ache. Does anyone have any advice on either of
these 2 types of mowers, or any advice on alternatives?

Norm
Texas

Old 28-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking at getting a zero-radius or large walk-behind mower to mow
my 2+ acres. I have a regular riding mower but it is uncomfortable to
use; makes my back ache. Does anyone have any advice on either of
these 2 types of mowers, or any advice on alternatives?

Norm
Texas

Go to www.consumerreports.com. For less than ten bucks, you can buy a
month's worth of online access. Their mower articles have contained some
good thoughts for mower shopping. Your library might also have the back
issues.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:38 AM

Thanks Doug. I have a CR sub but don't remember them discussing the
walkbehinds. Maybe I missed it. I'll check.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:40 AM

Thanks Timothy. That was kinda what I expected. I mow about an acre.
Lots of trees but not many grades. It is kinda bumpy in places. Thanks
for the input.

[IMG] code is On

Electric mowers [email protected] North Carolina 0 30-03-2003 05:08 PM
Greenfield Mowers len brauer Australia 10 30-03-2003 03:08 PM
Do mulcher mowers work? Iain McWilliams United Kingdom 8 29-03-2003 08:32 AM
Riding mowers Pat Keith Lawns 4 27-03-2003 01:32 AM
Lawn mowers Jamangie Kaungla Lawns 0 04-12-2002 09:37 PM