Old 05-07-2005, 06:22 AM
TheGreatWarrior

Default Colorado Blue Spruce Growth Season

Hello,

I wonder how many growth seasons are there for the Colorado Blue,
and the length of each growing period ?

I am asking this to understand the feeding frequency and amount to
apply to the trees. My spruce trees range from 3 feet to 6 feet tall.

It's only July 4th, and it seems like the new stem of this year has
stopped growing? I also see new buds forming -- will these new buds
grow later this year, or it will wait till next spring ? I am living in
Ohio state, maybe zone 5.

Thanks for your effort and time!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Travis

TheGreatWarrior wrote:
Hello,

I wonder how many growth seasons are there for the Colorado Blue,
and the length of each growing period ?

I am asking this to understand the feeding frequency and amount to
apply to the trees. My spruce trees range from 3 feet to 6 feet
tall.

It's only July 4th, and it seems like the new stem of this year
has stopped growing? I also see new buds forming -- will these new
buds grow later this year, or it will wait till next spring ? I am
living in Ohio state, maybe zone 5.

Thanks for your effort and time!

It doesn't matter because you don't need to fertilize your trees.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5