Old 11-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Ann

PatK expounded:

I've got a small garden going this year for the first time, and have
planted leaf lettuce that has been going fine. I was wondering since
the lettuce is starting to bolt, can I plant something in this space at
this time of year? What would do well? I've got peppers growing around
the lettuce now so whatever I plant needs to like some light shade. The
space I'm talking about is only about 2' by 6'. I'm in zone 6a.

How about.....more lettuce? I'm about to replant mine, I'll add some
compost (after pulling the roots) and seed in some new lettuce. I'll
shade the bed a bit to get things going and have lots of fresh lettuce
when the first tomatoes come in.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 11-07-2005, 04:33 AM
PatK

Ann wrote:

PatK expounded:

I've got a small garden going this year for the first time, and have
planted leaf lettuce that has been going fine. I was wondering since
the lettuce is starting to bolt, can I plant something in this space at
this time of year? What would do well? I've got peppers growing around
the lettuce now so whatever I plant needs to like some light shade. The
space I'm talking about is only about 2' by 6'. I'm in zone 6a.

How about.....more lettuce? I'm about to replant mine, I'll add some
compost (after pulling the roots) and seed in some new lettuce. I'll
shade the bed a bit to get things going and have lots of fresh lettuce
when the first tomatoes come in.

Oh okay. I thought you weren't supposed to plant lettuce in the same
place twice in a row? I remember reading that somewhere. Cool. Well,
I'll try that. Thanks! G

Pat
Old 11-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Ann

PatK expounded:

Oh okay. I thought you weren't supposed to plant lettuce in the same
place twice in a row? I remember reading that somewhere. Cool. Well,
I'll try that. Thanks! G

There isn't a problem for a season, I've found, but I move the
planting area for next year.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:26 PM
PatK

Ann wrote:

PatK expounded:

Oh okay. I thought you weren't supposed to plant lettuce in the same
place twice in a row? I remember reading that somewhere. Cool. Well,
I'll try that. Thanks! G

There isn't a problem for a season, I've found, but I move the
planting area for next year.

Will do. Thanks again.

--
Pat