Old 18-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered User

Question How do trim a YUCCA tree

Hello,

I have a huge YUCCA tree in my garden that is taking up so much space I cant see half the garden. Does anybody know the best way and time of year to trim this tree?

I appreciate any advice,

thanks

Max
Old 23-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Starlord

yucca are NOT trees, are you sure of what you have? Or do you have a Josha
tree which is protected by law.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

--
mwillia

Old 23-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Sanderson

"Starlord" wrote in
:

yucca are NOT trees, are you sure of what you have? Or do you have a
Josha tree which is protected by law.

A Joshua Tree IS a Yucca.

-Sanderson
Old 23-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Wrong again, Storelard!

By the botanical definition of the word "tree", all arborescent Yucca are
indeed trees.

The best way to trim is to remove the offending branches at their base as
you would any other tree.

Old 23-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Cereus-validus.......

The "Joshua tree" is Yucca brevifolia.

"Sanderson" wrote in message
ervers.com...
"Starlord" wrote in
:

Old 24-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Starlord

Sorry ... But NO they are NOT.

Yuccas don't grow into trees, their flower stalk grows up, blooms, seeds,
and can then be removed, I've done enough of them. Josha Trees are a woodie
plant and are protected by law.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"Sanderson" wrote in message
ervers.com...
"Starlord" wrote in
:

Old 24-07-2005, 03:49 AM
Cereus-validus.......

That's Joshua. The name is in the bible.

Look up the definition of tree and you will see arborescent Yucca do fit the
definition no matter what you would like to believe.

You just keep on searching the skies because you sure don't know anything
about what grows on the ground.

"Starlord" wrote in message
Sorry ... But NO they are NOT.

Yuccas don't grow into trees, their flower stalk grows up, blooms, seeds,
and can then be removed, I've done enough of them. Josha Trees are a
woodie plant and are protected by law.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"Sanderson" wrote in message
ervers.com...
"Starlord" wrote in
:

Old 27-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Are you dyslexic, Dub Taylor?

"Sanderson" wrote in message
rvers.com...
"Starlord" wrote in
:

Old 02-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Starlord

Come on out to the high mojave desert where we have whole forest of Josha
Trees protested by the laws.