Old 18-07-2005, 03:46 PM
me

Default killing bamboo

Does anyone have a way to kill bamboo? Its taking over my yard from the
neighbor and I need a way to control it.

Old 18-07-2005, 04:22 PM
David Ross

me wrote:

Does anyone have a way to kill bamboo? Its taking over my yard from the
neighbor and I need a way to control it.

Bamboo is a grass. Use an herbicide specific to grass. There are
several brands available.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See URL:http://www.mozilla.org/.
Old 18-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Travis

me wrote:
Does anyone have a way to kill bamboo? Its taking over my yard
from the neighbor and I need a way to control it.

Sever the rhizomes as they cross the property line and then cut the
culms off at ground level. Kick any new shoots when they are small.

Have a talk with your neighbor about *him* controlling *his* bamboo.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 18-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Stubby

Type "killing bamboo" into your favorite search engine.

Old 18-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Rob

Boy, do I agree. If you don't have the neighbor's cooperation, you'll
only be teasing the bamboo.

The best I can do (with an uncooperative neighbor) is keep it cut down.

Old 19-07-2005, 11:08 AM
VMWOOD

Know this will not be much help but a bulldozer is the only cure I know
of for bamboo.

Marv-Montezuma, IA
http://community.webshots.com/user/vmwood

Old 20-07-2005, 01:48 PM

First with a sharp spade plunge a line on the border to sever the
rhizomes.
Then sever the stuff on your side of the line into foot square pieces
and pull or pry out. Keep your side from showing any green and go down
the line with the spade once or twice a year. That will get most of it.
Keep the rest under control as seen.
If you can work with your neighbor it's easier than just being ****ed
off and going it alone.

[IMG] code is On

Am I Killing My Bamboo? hardcoresoldier Bamboo 4 21-07-2010 08:59 PM
Killing Bamboo Hmm United Kingdom 6 11-04-2005 10:25 PM
killing bamboo Snooze Gardening 10 16-07-2004 02:02 AM
Bamboo wanted. Have Black bamboo and "Alphonse Karr" Annabel United Kingdom 2 12-06-2003 03:56 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM