Old 22-07-2005, 02:14 PM
TomKan

Default For the group members from Texas

May 30th Just moved to Texas. Now this is a state that knows how to
live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and
deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park
lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I
love it here.

June 14th Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem.
Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a
pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real
sun worshipper.

June 30th Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today.
Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing
for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do
people get used to this kind of heat? Too bad it's not a dry heat.
Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over
60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I
learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like
this.

July 20th I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I
left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch,
Tabby had swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and exploded all
over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids she ran away.
The car now smells like Kibbles and shit. No more pets in this heat!

July 25th Dry heat, my ass. Hot is hot!! The home
air-conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to
drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now.
$1,500 in damn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I
ever come here?

Aug 4th It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed
today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. Stupid
repairman ****ed in my pool. I hate this stupid f@*king state.

Aug 8th If another wise ass cracks, "Hot enough for you today?",
I'm going to tear his throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to
work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I
smell like Roasted f@*king Garfield!!

Aug 10th The weather report might as well be a damn recording:
Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to #@*& for two damn months and the
weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever
rain in this barren damn desert?? Water rationing has been in effect
all summer, so $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the
damn pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat.

Aug 14th Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today.
Forgot to crack the window and blew the God damned windshield out of
the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you
today?" My wife had to spend the $1500 house payment to bail me out of
jail.

Aug 30th Worst day of the damn summer. I'm not leaving the
house. The f@*king monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to
make it muggier than hell. The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in
The Gulf of Mexico with its new $500 windshield. That does it, we're
moving back to New York for some peace and quiet.

Old 22-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Treedweller

On 22 Jul 2005 06:14:12 -0700, "TomKan" wrote:

[...]

What's your point? You should have been here when the weather gets
bad . . .

Keith
Old 22-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Suzie-Q

I enjoyed that!
--
8^)~~~ Sue in central Texas (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old 22-07-2005, 04:31 PM
junkyardcat

I enjoyed it too. So true too!!

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas...where it's HOT!!!

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
I enjoyed that!

Old 22-07-2005, 06:13 PM
TomKan

I was there, Fort Hood, Texas for 18 months in '63, '64, '65. I thought
it was hot until our company went on a maneuver to Needles, CA.
Now that was hot, 117 F in the shade.

Old 22-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Bourne Identity

Till I got to the "joke" about the cat, and then I deleted it. Sorry,
I don't find certain realities that assholes do daily to be very
funny.

Old 22-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Vox Humana

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
Till I got to the "joke" about the cat, and then I deleted it. Sorry,
I don't find certain realities that assholes do daily to be very
funny.

Agreed. Anyone familiar with animal rescue knows the horrors perpetrated on
animals.

Old 22-07-2005, 10:18 PM
TomKan

Ah for Christ's sakes. It was a joke! I've had cats! I love cats. Yeah,
the guy that said the only good cat is a dead cat is an asshole. But
don't take everything so seriously! I guess I should Google up all the
annual "cats in my garden posts" to see if any of you have replied that
cat's have the right to spread their Kibble and shit"* anywhere they
want to.

*Just joking!!

Old 22-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Doug Kanter

TomKan wrote:

Ah for Christ's sakes. It was a joke! I've had cats! I love cats. Yeah,
the guy that said the only good cat is a dead cat is an asshole.

Here's a nice kitty!

http://www.artscountry.com/DeadCat043004/A.JPG

Old 22-07-2005, 10:47 PM
madgardener

"TomKan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ah for Christ's sakes. It was a joke! I've had cats! I love cats. Yeah,
the guy that said the only good cat is a dead cat is an asshole. But
don't take everything so seriously! I guess I should Google up all the
annual "cats in my garden posts" to see if any of you have replied that
cat's have the right to spread their Kibble and shit"* anywhere they
want to.

*Just joking!!

it seems that everyone nowdays is so uptight, literal and politically
correct and so condesending about humor that its impossible to even share a
smile. They forget about the "sick" humor of Mad magazine. I just watched
the 30th anniversary of Blazing Saddles and despite that it's still
hilarious, and it broke grounds with the humor of it, I know that now, 30
years later, there would be some outraged people who wouldn't think the
ethnic jokes were funny in the least. Or that Mongo slugging the horse was
humorous at all. And the sad thing is, the racial humor was written by
Richard Pryor back then in 1974. If we get to be so serious we can't take a
joke, we're not going to last much longer. We are the only species that
laughs..........and I'm not talking about being mean, I'm talking about
being able to laugh at yourself and whomever you represent......and get past
it.

The Texas joke was a joke. Meant to be looked at humorously. Just because
one person took the cat exploding in the car and responded in the way he did
doesn't mean he even meant it. He's trying to get the responses from those
who would be outraged.

I'm sure Tom never intended on getting flamed by a simple joke that ran
seven years ago.......................(I remember that joke vividly, I
laughed myself almost wet and it's still good)

Anyone thinking that Tom posted that joke to upset people regarding the cat
part is just too literal and sensitive about this. Yes, I know animals
suffer every day at the hands of idiots. I also know there are too many rats
in the maze on this planet at the moment and know Mom Nature will eliminate
the excess in anyway she can like she has always done in millions of years
past.

It doesn't keep me awake at night. It's just part of life.

When did everyone get so serious and judgemental?

At least Sue and Junkyard cat liked it and saw it as a joke...............(I
keep hearing Foghorn Leghorn saying to Chicken Hawk, "It's a JOKE
son!!!!!!!!!!)

Old 22-07-2005, 11:12 PM
madgardener

it's always interesting to see there are those who look at death as
something to be poked at. as for that being a "nice kitty" yer not getting
the outraged response from me you want. I look at a dead animal as anyone
who sees lots of them smashed into the road does. Everything eventually
dies. To exploit the images and try and make them worth seeing is debatable.
My children faced normal life and death moments but despite my reality
raising of them, my oldest son was 33 before he buried his first cat
himself. I had always done it. Don't know why, just did.

When our old cat, Sweetie was put down at 21, she was balsa wood with fur.
I did it out of consideration for her ending time. Same reason I put Whacka
Dew down when I discovered that huge mass inside her ear on her temple, and
why I put Pye and Jenner's down when they exibited unusual symptoms of
something gone wrong with them within two weeks time just recently. Either
Feline AIDS, Lukemia, or diabetes, but whatever it was, I lost a total of
four cats in two months. The last two were deffinately ill with something.
But the three I have left exibit no signs of disease and it's been over a
month.

Doug, you keep trying, you'll get a shocked response from your pictures. But
not me. I'm surprised you don't post pictures of dead birds and have
photo's of relatives in their coffins like my mom's bible
does..........................now to me, THAT's a rather morbid habit I'd
like to see disappear eventually. At least they don't ask kids to "kiss Aunt
Gertie goodbye" anymore. I hated having to kiss the cold forehead of someone
lying in their coffin. they never knew I was kissing them goodbye, and the
act was only for the living anyway, same as decoration days and flowers on
graves. I'm sure my dad doesn't give a rat's butt wheather there are flowers
on his grave or cow flop.

now because I'm deffinately gonna get flamed for my opinions, I'll go now.

madgardener

Old 23-07-2005, 01:16 AM
TomKan

At least Sue and Junkyard cat liked it and saw it as a joke

____Reply Separator_____

Sue should thank her lucky stars that someone didn't go to the site she
posted on how to play with your pussy. She would be flamed by those who
didn't take the time to look at it. The site, not her pussy.*

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 23-07-2005, 05:38 AM
mleblanca

Hi Tom Kan Pa
It's good to see your posts. I agree it was funny before and it is
funny now. Can just see that poor guy disintegrating in the blast
furnace.
Agree with you Maddie, if we can't laugh, we are lost.
Today was a cold one--only 92 degrees! Northern California Sacramento
Valley.
Keep posting, Tom.

Emilie

Old 23-07-2005, 08:46 AM
madgardener

HI Emilie!!! We got up to a brisk and humid 94o with heat indexes of upper
90's today and they promise we'll get up to upper 90's tomorrow and heat
indexes of almost 100o for the first time in years.............NOW it feels
like summer in Tennessee like I remember it.........g Thanks . I won't be
run off again for speaking my mind, and it's always nice to post a joke to
lighten people up, doncha think? LOL
maddie melting in the heat.............up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler
overlooking a hazy English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone
36
oups.com...

Old 23-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Bourne Identity

On 22 Jul 2005 14:18:27 -0700, "TomKan" wrote:

Ah for Christ's sakes. It was a joke! I've had cats! I love cats. Yeah,
the guy that said the only good cat is a dead cat is an asshole. But
don't take everything so seriously! I guess I should Google up all the
annual "cats in my garden posts" to see if any of you have replied that
cat's have the right to spread their Kibble and shit"* anywhere they
want to.

*Just joking!!

I know you were just joking. I didn't laugh. I didn't find it funny,
even coming from you, a person who I consider to be one of the most
gentle people in this newsgroup. I didn't say you would do it. Just
that it's really not funny. And that has nothing at all to do with my
sense of humor. For pete's sake, I'm probaby the only girl who laughs
out loud at the Stooges!

Victoria

[IMG] code is On

attn group members raj Gardening 0 23-05-2007 11:06 AM
How many Group members does it take to change a light bulb? Pete E. Kruzer Gardening 6 08-04-2007 03:25 PM
A special iTunes gift for all Gardening group members... [email protected] United Kingdom 2 05-03-2006 11:25 PM
rec.ponds members directory? Justin Ponds 9 26-02-2003 12:51 AM
[IBC] Phoenix and Sidona area members Marty Haber Bonsai 3 08-02-2003 03:51 PM