Old 11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Tiege

Default Kubota ZG20

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with ethier
the Kubota ZG20 or the ZG23 zero turn mowers? Cant seem to find much
about them on the groups. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Doc H.

"Tiege" wrote in news:1126461961.353638.177260
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with ethier
the Kubota ZG20 or the ZG23 zero turn mowers? Cant seem to find much
about them on the groups. Any info would be appreciated.

I Have the ZD28 and I love it. Diesel is the way to go. You will find that
out when you look at the maintenance schedule. Kubota builds great machines
and they last. ZG20 and 23 are gasoline as goes the prefix ZG as opposed to
ZD. Gas engines require much more maintenace than diesel but I will say
they are generally more expensive to buy and to repair if it ever breaks
down.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Chas Hurst

"Doc H." wrote in message
"Tiege" wrote in news:1126461961.353638.177260
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with ethier
the Kubota ZG20 or the ZG23 zero turn mowers? Cant seem to find much
about them on the groups. Any info would be appreciated.

I Have the ZD28 and I love it. Diesel is the way to go. You will find

that
out when you look at the maintenance schedule. Kubota builds great

machines
and they last. ZG20 and 23 are gasoline as goes the prefix ZG as opposed

ZD. Gas engines require much more maintenace than diesel but I will say
they are generally more expensive to buy and to repair if it ever breaks
down.

Can you describe the "much more mainenance" that gas engines require?

Old 12-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Doc H.

"Chas Hurst" wrote in news:_vudnXJ23qcmL7neRVn-
:

"Doc H." wrote in message
2...
[...]

It is the amount of time that a Diesel engine will run before it requires
maintenance. Ex: the first service on the diesel is after 50 hours of use
and then every 100 hours thereafter. gasoline engines require much more
frequent maintenance I believe it is after the first 15 hours and then
every 30 hours thereafter. Unless you are very handy at doing this type
of maintenance it can get quite expensive. I live in Florida and I have
approx. 9 acres of property to mow. I would be performing maintenace on a
ZG engine more than I would be mowing the lawn. ZG is cheaper but ZD will
run longer and harder.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Tiege

How much more expensive is the ZD as opposed to the ZG20. I was qouted
6199.00 for the ZG20 and since I only have 1.5 acre Im probably buying
to much mower, but even at 30 hr. intervals I could go most of a season
over here in Texas with maybe 1 oil change a season. How long have you
had you ZD anyway?
BTW thanks for the trouble to post back.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Chas Hurst

"Doc H." wrote in message
[...]

What sort of maintenence are you referring to? I think diesels are longer
lived, but they cost much more than gas engines so the actual cost per hour
of use may not be very diferent.
Maintenence as far as I know is about equal.
Can you be more specific about the maintenence and interval needed by the
two cases in question?
And your comment about spending more time maintaining than mowing is just
BS. I mow about an acre twice a week and use a gas powered Craftsman mower.
Engine maintenence in 4 years of ownership has amounted to cleaning the air
filter twice a year and changing the oil and filter once a year as per the
owners book.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Doc H.

"Tiege" wrote in news:1126485392.660705.235170
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

How much more expensive is the ZD as opposed to the ZG20. I was qouted
6199.00 for the ZG20 and since I only have 1.5 acre Im probably buying
to much mower, but even at 30 hr. intervals I could go most of a season
over here in Texas with maybe 1 oil change a season. How long have you
had you ZD anyway?
BTW thanks for the trouble to post back.

I have had it for about 2 years and yes I think you will do just fine with
the ZG20. The ZD28 is quite a bit more expensive it runs around $11,500.00.
The main reason I bought that one is because of the amount of acreage I
have plus the grass gets pretty tough here in the summer. I also have to
mow around a pond that is about 1 acre in size. That extra 8 horse power
really makes a difference. Kubota does make some smaller diesels that run
around 8 or 9 grand but I guess it all about preference...Good luck you
will love the kubota!
Old 13-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Tiege

Thanks for the feedback. Good to here the positive report. Thanks again.

For Sale: Kubota B2410 HSD-F ravan Gardening 0 12-11-2006 06:08 PM
Tom Kubota obituaries paghat Gardening 1 17-08-2004 04:36 PM
FS : Kubota 4x4 - really powerfu,l but small garden tractor GeneS Texas 1 08-05-2004 04:07 PM
Kubota T1570 Ken Shelton Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
FS: 185L Kubota tractor michelled North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:44 PM