Old 07-10-2005, 03:42 PM
KK

Default Tecumseh carb

Any ideas on where to find a good used carb for an older HH60 Tecumseh. Mine
literally broke off after the tiller and I got in an argument.

It's too old to spend the money on a new one!

Old 08-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK
Any ideas on where to find a good used carb for an older HH60 Tecumseh. Mine
literally broke off after the tiller and I got in an argument.

It's too old to spend the money on a new one!
A new one is probably less than $65.00, By the time you find a used one (if possible) and purchase a rebuild kit and spend time rebuilding it you could have the new one on and be done with it. Also there is a non serviceable check valve in that carb., If it's stuck you will have wasted money on that used one.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki
Robin
Onan
Dixie Chopper
Cub Cadet
White Outdoor
Troybuilt

Old 09-10-2005, 06:04 PM
KK

--
restrorob

Thanks A lot for the info. I used to work on these quite a bit 20 years ago
and I don't even remember being aware of that check valve... what is the
check valves purpose?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

If you remove the float bowl and look on the side of the carb. where the main jet is you will see another area on the side running the full length with what looks like a small BB in the end of it. inside this area is a vacuum port area with a small BB inside. When the engine is not running this BB drops to the bottom and closes a port so you have a rich start-up mixture, Once started the vacuum pulls the BB up to open the port for a leaner fuel mixture to run.
If this gets stuck it will cause a rich run condition all the time and run rough and hunt. I've tried years ago to open one up to clean and there's no way without destroying the carb. .
Take care