Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2006, 09:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
john

Default Lush moss...Help !!!problem

I recently purchased a home. On the side of the yard there is a thick moss
problem that has probably been unattended to for years. When I look at it
there is very sparse grass and thick moss. In fact, right now in the north
east it is starting to thaw. i can lift the moss up in sheets, maybe 3 and
four feet square in size. Underneath, left behind is nothing but the soil. I
was going to hit the moss with a moss killer but now i wonder , with such
little grass left behind, if I am better off just lifting all the moss and
planting new grass in the spring. On the fringes there is more grass than
moss and it kind of clings to the ground, so I was thinking of hitting that
area with the moss killer. What do you guys think I should do?? All
recommendations will be considered

Thanks

John W

Lush Mooss Raymond Platt Lawns 0 11-03-2006 07:39 PM
Prepare now for a lush, green, and fragrant spring Earl@Greenwood Gardening 0 05-01-2006 06:50 PM
Smart watering keeps mature trees lush and healthy all summer - LandSteward Article Earl@Greenwood Gardening 0 21-06-2005 04:03 AM
Lush lawns begin with autumn action now! earl Lawns 0 21-10-2004 05:29 PM
Lush lawns begin with autumn action now! earl Gardening 0 21-10-2004 05:17 PM