Old 02-04-2006, 01:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
gg

Default topping pine tree

can a about 35' tall pine tree have about 10' cut from the top and still
live and do well. I have this pine that is just too tall and want to know if
I cut off the top ten feet will it live.I know very little about plants.also
any info. on trimming holly bushes back would help,I have holly used as a
hedge row and it has just gotten way to big.
thanks for any help.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

"gg" wrote in message
can a about 35' tall pine tree have about 10' cut from the top and still
live and do well. I have this pine that is just too tall and want to know
if I cut off the top ten feet will it live.I know very little about
plants.also any info. on trimming holly bushes back would help,I have
holly used as a hedge row and it has just gotten way to big.
thanks for any help.

You can cut Holly back as far as you want and it will recover. The stuff is
almost impossible to kill.

You can top the pine, but it'll always look like a tree someone has
butchered. Over the long hall, you'll do better by taking down the pine and
planting something that will grow to the size you desire.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Michael Keefe

On 4/1/06 8:36 PM, in article
, "gg"
spewed forth this gibberish...

can a about 35' tall pine tree have about 10' cut from the top and still
live and do well. I have this pine that is just too tall and want to know if
I cut off the top ten feet will it live.I know very little about plants.also
any info. on trimming holly bushes back would help,I have holly used as a
hedge row and it has just gotten way to big.
thanks for any help.

You're just looking for cheap Christmas trimmings! g