Old 18-04-2006, 09:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
John H.

Default sprinkler problem

Hi
one of my sprinklers is always flooded, its the lowest one in the system. So
I assume there's water leaking from the valve, into the system and its
collecting there, but I'm not sure what I would need to look for at the
valve.
thank in advance for any help
john

Old 18-04-2006, 10:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

"John H." wrote in message
Hi
one of my sprinklers is always flooded, its the lowest one in the system.
So I assume there's water leaking from the valve, into the system and its
collecting there, but I'm not sure what I would need to look for at the
valve.
thank in advance for any help
john

By "flooded," do you simply mean that water pools up around that sprinkler
head after it shuts off, and possibly while other sprinklers on the system
are still operating? If so, I had a similar problem. In fact, a very small
stream of water would often continue from that sprinkler head even after the
system had moved on to another station (I have 10 stations on my system). I
called the sprinkler service and learned that it is actually normal for the
lowest head to act in that way. It was simply draining as a result of
gravity. They were able to raise the head slightly for me and add more soil
in that area, and that elimianted the problem. However, he said that it
really is not a "problem" (as I perceived it) and should not be a concern.

I hope your issue is as simple as mine was and hope this information helps.

MaryL

Old 19-04-2006, 12:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"John H." wrote:
Hi
one of my sprinklers is always flooded, its the lowest one in the system.
So I assume there's water leaking from the valve, into the system and its
collecting there, but I'm not sure what I would need to look for at the
valve.
thank in advance for any help
john

It might be leaking between the control valve and the head too, unless it's
flooded around the valve box, no?
Old 19-04-2006, 12:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
John H.

"Steveo" wrote in message
"John H." wrote:
Hi
one of my sprinklers is always flooded, its the lowest one in the system.
So I assume there's water leaking from the valve, into the system and its
collecting there, but I'm not sure what I would need to look for at the
valve.
thank in advance for any help
john

It might be leaking between the control valve and the head too, unless
it's
flooded around the valve box, no?

problem solved, cant get parts to fix, just need to buy a new valve, take
the old one off, put the new one on, wire it up
no leaky.
thanks

Old 19-04-2006, 01:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

"John H." wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"John H." wrote:
Hi
one of my sprinklers is always flooded, its the lowest one in the
system. So I assume there's water leaking from the valve, into the
system and its collecting there, but I'm not sure what I would need to
look for at the valve.
thank in advance for any help
john

It might be leaking between the control valve and the head too, unless
it's
flooded around the valve box, no?

problem solved, cant get parts to fix, just need to buy a new valve, take
the old one off, put the new one on, wire it up
no leaky.
thanks

Easy fix so good to go!