Old 28-04-2006, 08:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

Default Kawasaki FH500V engine oil filter

My brush mower has a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

The OEM oil filter is a Kawasaki part number 49065-2078.

Does anyone have a cross-reference to a Purolator Pure One filter?

Old 29-04-2006, 12:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
oups.com...

My brush mower has a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

The OEM oil filter is a Kawasaki part number 49065-2078.

Does anyone have a cross-reference to a Purolator Pure One filter?

Try these folks:

Purolator Filters NA LLC
155 Franklin Road
Suite 153
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: 1-800-526-4250 (Filter Hot-Line)
Fax: 615-377-1521

Old 29-04-2006, 09:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:16:57 -0700, Ether Jones wrote:

My brush mower has a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

The OEM oil filter is a Kawasaki part number 49065-2078.

Does anyone have a cross-reference to a Purolator Pure One filter?

Walk into your local Napa and ask for a filter. You should be able to
cross refference their number with Purolator.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info
Old 30-04-2006, 02:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

Walk into your local Napa and ask for a filter

I already did that. It's Napa Gold 1394.

You should be able to
cross refference their number with Purolator

How, exactly? I can't find a cross reference from Napa to Purolator.
Do you know where to find one?

Old 30-04-2006, 12:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kate

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Walk into your local Napa and ask for a filter
:
: I already did that. It's Napa Gold 1394.
:
: You should be able to
: cross refference their number with Purolator
:
: How, exactly? I can't find a cross reference from Napa to Purolator.
: Do you know where to find one?
:

Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices?
Last time I bought an air filter for our lawn tractor it was a scorching
$32!

Kate

Old 30-04-2006, 02:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices?

I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99.

But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive
machine and I want to take care of it.

I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a
top-quality oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I
replaced the OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil
after the first 8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator
PureONE; that's why I'm asking the question.

Old 30-04-2006, 09:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...

Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices?

I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99.

But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive
machine and I want to take care of it.

I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a
top-quality oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I
replaced the OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil
after the first 8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator
PureONE; that's why I'm asking the question.

Mobil 1 filters are better than PureONE filters.

Old 30-04-2006, 10:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Oscar_Lives wrote:

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...

Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices?

I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99.

But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive
machine and I want to take care of it.

I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a
top-quality oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I
replaced the OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil
after the first 8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator
PureONE; that's why I'm asking the question.

Mobil 1 filters are better than PureONE filters.

That is a matter of opinion.

--
Art
Old 01-05-2006, 12:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

Mobil 1 filters are better than PureONE filters.

OK.... so what's the Mobil1 part number to replace the Kawasaki OEM
49065-2078???

Old 01-05-2006, 12:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:11:46 -0400, Artemis wrote:

Oscar_Lives wrote:

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...

Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices?

I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99.

But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive machine
and I want to take care of it.

I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a top-quality
oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I replaced the
OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil after the first
8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator PureONE; that's why I'm
asking the question.

Mobil 1 filters are better than PureONE filters.

That is a matter of opinion.

I use the Napa gold filter on my Toro 37" commercial walk behind with no
issues at all. Let me tell ya, this machine runs 20 to 35 hours a week and
is used very hard. 5 years old and she still starts with out a problem and
no major work has been needed (knocks on wood!!). If your changing out the
oil and filter every 100 hours then theres no need to worry about it. My
Toro dealer said that the oil needs to be dumped at 150 hours, but it's
ten bucks to change it myself and it seems to be money well spent so far.
I would assume that oil filters are like other products, their all about
the same in quality and your spending the cash on a brand name.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info

Old 01-05-2006, 01:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kate

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: Are the NAPA prices any lower than the dealer prices?
:
: I don't know what the dealer price is. The Napa price is $6.99.
:
: But my main concern is quality, not price. This is an expensive
: machine and I want to take care of it.
:
: I'm running Mobil1 synthetic oil in this engine and I want a
: top-quality oil filter. I want this engine to last a long time. I
: replaced the OEM filter with a Napa Gold 1394 when I drained the oil
: after the first 8 hours of use. I would prefer to use Purolator
: PureONE; that's why I'm asking the question.
:

I was asking about AIR filters.