Old 23-04-2006, 04:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

Default Kawasaki FH500V 17HP engine

I just bought a piece of yard equipment with a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare
to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower?

Old 23-04-2006, 06:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oscar_Lives

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...

I just bought a piece of yard equipment with a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare
to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower?

They all make similar amounts of horsepower.

Old 23-04-2006, 10:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Ether Jones wrote:
I just bought a piece of yard equipment with a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare
to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower?

Kawasaki engines are among the best for reliability and ease of starting.

--
Art
Old 28-04-2006, 12:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kate

:
: What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare
: to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower?
:
:
: Kawasaki engines are among the best for reliability and ease of starting.
:
: --
: Art

When we bought out Husqvarna lawn tractor it came with the 22hp.
My husband, a heavy equipment mechanic, got very excited about it having the
Kawi in it.
He says they are extremely reliable.

Kate

Old 28-04-2006, 12:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

: Ether Jones wrote:
: I just bought a piece of yard equipment with a Kawasaki FH500V
: engine.
:
: What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare
: to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower?
:
:
: Kawasaki engines are among the best for reliability and ease of
: starting.
:
: --
: Art

When we bought out Husqvarna lawn tractor it came with the 22hp.
My husband, a heavy equipment mechanic, got very excited about it having
the Kawi in it.
He says they are extremely reliable.

Kate

They rate Kaws an extra 2 hp at least on the power chart for commercial
mowers. Dunno if I believe it or not but that's what the dealer says.

I -never endorse ricers- g