Old 30-04-2006, 07:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

Default Acclaim Extra herbicide

Has anyone here used this herbicide? I seem to have run across the name
for several years in my reading but never read about it until today. It is
supposed to be able to be used on ornamentals and turfgrass. No one locally
has heard of it. It is/was mfg'd by Agrevo but their telephone,
302-892-3000, now rings like a FAX and agrevo.com's server doesn't respond.
What is a good website from which to purchase pesticides?

Tom

Old 02-05-2006, 04:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

- Tom - wrote:
Has anyone here used this herbicide? I seem to have run across the name
for several years in my reading but never read about it until today. It is
supposed to be able to be used on ornamentals and turfgrass. No one locally
has heard of it. It is/was mfg'd by Agrevo but their telephone,
302-892-3000, now rings like a FAX and agrevo.com's server doesn't respond.
What is a good website from which to purchase pesticides?

Tom

I've used Acclaim for crabgrass and it works very well. Don;t know
where you are located, but I think Lesco carries it.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

wrote in message
oups.com...

- Tom - wrote:
Has anyone here used this herbicide? I seem to have run across the name
for several years in my reading but never read about it until today. It
is
supposed to be able to be used on ornamentals and turfgrass. No one
locally
has heard of it. It is/was mfg'd by Agrevo but their telephone,
302-892-3000, now rings like a FAX and agrevo.com's server doesn't
respond.
What is a good website from which to purchase pesticides?

Tom

I've used Acclaim for crabgrass and it works very well. Don;t know
where you are located, but I think Lesco carries it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, Lesco carries it and I see it is
available at a location nearby.
I also spoke with the owner of a local nursery and landscaping business.
He gave me his contact for pesticides. Things are looking good.

Tom

Old 04-05-2006, 01:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

"- Tom -" wrote in message
Has anyone here used this herbicide? I seem to have run across the name
for several years in my reading but never read about it until today. It is
supposed to be able to be used on ornamentals and turfgrass. No one
locally has heard of it. It is/was mfg'd by Agrevo but their telephone,
302-892-3000, now rings like a FAX and agrevo.com's server doesn't
respond.
What is a good website from which to purchase pesticides?

Tom

I've used Acclaim and found it to be a great product for its intended use.
However, you need to read the label carefully. I seem to remember that it
will severely injure or kill certain turfgrasses (centipede and bermuda).

KB

Old 04-05-2006, 02:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..

"- Tom -" wrote in message
Has anyone here used this herbicide? I seem to have run across the
name for several years in my reading but never read about it until today.
It is supposed to be able to be used on ornamentals and turfgrass. No one
locally has heard of it. It is/was mfg'd by Agrevo but their telephone,
302-892-3000, now rings like a FAX and agrevo.com's server doesn't
respond.
What is a good website from which to purchase pesticides?

Tom

I've used Acclaim and found it to be a great product for its intended use.
However, you need to read the label carefully. I seem to remember that it
will severely injure or kill certain turfgrasses (centipede and bermuda).

KB

I happen to have the Acclaim pdf open tonight. It mentions supressing
the growth of bermuda grass and johnsongrass. No mention of centipede grass.
Yes, I like to get familiar with the lables before I buy a product.
My turfgrasses up north, here, aren't listed as surpressed or controlled
by the product.

Off Topic:
Just curious, are you the Boatright that was at 33rd AMS in the
mid-70's?

Tom

extra compost Gardening 0 17-04-2003 05:20 AM
extra compost animaux Gardening 2 15-04-2003 02:08 PM
extra landscaping bricks.... will Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Extra Pair of Hands BenignVanilla Ponds 4 30-03-2003 06:32 PM
extra landscaping bricks.... will Texas 1 19-02-2003 05:01 AM