Old 10-05-2006, 05:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mark Kopple

Default Sprinkler problem

I have a sprinkler system that pulls water from my lake. It appears where
the pump and the pvc meet (output) theres a leak. I pulled the pipe somewhat
to straighten it out and the system started working.

I have tried to draw the diagram below. The leak is just above the P and
its cemented with PVC cement. What is the easiest way to fix this? can i
just apply more cement? if not, what is the easiest way to take it apart?

Mark

|-------------|
| |
(from lake)----PUMP \/ (into ground)

Old 14-05-2006, 09:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eric

Mark Kopple wrote:

I have a sprinkler system that pulls water from my lake. It appears where
the pump and the pvc meet (output) theres a leak. I pulled the pipe
somewhat to straighten it out and the system started working.

I have tried to draw the diagram below. The leak is just above the P and
its cemented with PVC cement. What is the easiest way to fix this? can i
just apply more cement? if not, what is the easiest way to take it apart?

Mark

|-------------|
| |
(from lake)----PUMP \/ (into ground)

if its PVC pipe and not "black plastic pipe with hose clamps" then you will
have to cut out the bad section and splice in a new section of pipe. Do
that properly with a decent pvc primer, pvc cement, and clean pipe and
fittings or you'll have to start over shortly. (ie dont take shortcuts
here, you'll regret it)
If its the black plastic stuff, undo the hose clamps and pull it apart
(warming it up to about 100-120F will make it come apart easier.) cut off
the bad section and if it will reach put it back together, if it wont reach
cut some more off and get a coupler insert to splice in a new piece to make
it reach. Use good, screw type hose clamps.
Eric