Old 18-05-2006, 06:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Reel Mowers: Sunlawn MM1... Any Feedback?

Hi,

Sunlawn (www.sunlawn.com), the company that has the rights to import
the Brills in North America, released this year their own Reel
Mowers...

Is there anybody that purchased one of their new model MM1 or EM1? Any
comment about it?

According to technical specifications, Sunlawn's models have same
features as the Brills Luxus (heavier but a little more cheaper and
with a 2 years warranty).

I'm actually looking for which model I should buy and I would like to
choose between the Brill Luxus 38 or the Sunlawn MM1.

Thanks!

Chris

Old 20-06-2006, 08:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Shade

Hi Chris,

I purchased a Sunlawn EM1 and received it on May 24, 2006 from
reelpushpowers.com. Two days ago, a major metal brace supporting both
the reel and rear roller broke in two while I was mowing grass.

I am attempting to return the mower for a refund. It's be outside of
30-days since the mower shipped so reelpushmowers.com told me that I
needed to contact the mfr, Sunlawn.

I can't speak to the quality of the Brill reel mower, but it must be
better than the Sunlawn EM-1.

Good luck with your choice and I would recommend purchasing directly
from Sunlawn.

Curtis

Old 19-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered User

Lightbulb

Ordered my mower EM-1 from Sunlawn early on in the year, took over a month to arrive. Mower was easy to use, but broke within the 1st 2 weeks - cheap metal holding the back roller broke off. Tried to contact customer service, couldn't get anyone on the phone over a 2 week period..no answer to emails either. Finally spoke to someone, said would ship replacements out immediately. Waited another 3 weeks...no replacements came, tried calling but office was closed for 2 week+ vacation, said were answering emails...but didnt receive a reply. Once back from vacation spoke to customer service person...this time I received the replacement parts in a week. A month later the mower wouldnt charge or start...battery light kept blinking but it wasnt charged or charging. Tried over another 10 days or so to contact customer service...finally reached someone. Customer service was going to look into problem and call back. - did not receive call back after 3 days, so called them again. At this point we decided to ask for a refund....couldnt face dealing with anymore problems with the machine...especially since customer service had been so hard to reach. Refund was meant to be sent out 30 days from receipt.....it has now been well over 30 days and still no refund has been received.

This product is cheap to buy, but it is also cheaply made. We now have a much more powerful battery operated mulching mower from a well known manufacturer that cost only about $70 more. So far we have had no problems with that mower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by