Old 11-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Jeff Guay

Default Does Honda still make tractors?

Hi,
Like other posters I am in the market for a new lawn tractor. I am
considering the Deere LX266 and Cub Cadet 2166. I've always liked Honda
products but cannot find any tractor info on their web page. Does anyone
know if they still make lawn tractors? If so is there a web page with their
info? I'd like to see if they have anything that compares to these.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 11-04-2003, 03:09 AM
JJ

I think I remember reading somewhere that they did not any more.

Anyway, when Honda did sell tractors, at least a few years ago, I'm pretty
sure they were Deere LX277 frames (but red) with Honda engines.

Not a bad combo - I have an LX277 with the standard Kawasaki engine and it's
been great (not one problem since 1999).

My wife's uncle is a landscaper (i.e. cuts grass) and he thinks Honda
engines are top notch. But the Kaw engine has been good for me.

Old 14-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Die Spammer !!!

http://www.lawnmowerdealers.net/makers/tpl_01.php/HONDA

http://www.keehnpower.com/tractors.htm

http://www.lawnmowerplace.com/honda_tractors.htm

http://www.gatewaycycles.com/lawntractor.htm

Old 17-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Steve

Die Spammer !!! wrote in message
Jeff Guay wrote:

Hi,
Like other posters I am in the market for a new lawn tractor. I am
considering the Deere LX266 and Cub Cadet 2166. I've always liked Honda
products but cannot find any tractor info on their web page. Does

anyone
know if they still make lawn tractors? If so is there a web page with

their
info? I'd like to see if they have anything that compares to these.
Thanks,
Jeff

http://www.lawnmowerdealers.net/makers/tpl_01.php/HONDA

http://www.keehnpower.com/tractors.htm

http://www.lawnmowerplace.com/honda_tractors.htm

http://www.gatewaycycles.com/lawntractor.htm

I have a 1983 Allis-Chalmers 914 Hydrostatic with a 42 inch deck. This unit
is actually a Simplicity tractor. This old horse has mowed like a dream for
years. If it ever croaks I'd buy another Simplicity in a heartbeat. This old
one lung Kohler got to see its first sunlight yesterday after a hard winter
here in Western Massachusetts. Popped the battery in and she fired right up
like a champ! I have never had the head off this engine. Remember Pearl
Harbor! Buy American!

Old 17-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Tim Fischer

"Steve" wrote in message
Remember Pearl
Harbor! Buy American!

Now now-- lets stick to facts not propaganda. The rest of your post was
excellent.

-Tim

Old 17-04-2003, 11:20 PM

**** the japs. (j/k)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 24-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Don Noble

Craftsman actually has a riding mower out this year with a Honda
motor. I bought their top of the line self-propelled last year (model#
37779). It has a Honda 5.5 hp motor and it cuts like a charm! I get
lots of compliments on my lawn.

Old 25-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Tim Fischer

"Don Noble" wrote in message
om...
Craftsman actually has a riding mower out this year with a Honda
motor. I bought their top of the line self-propelled last year (model#
37779). It has a Honda 5.5 hp motor and it cuts like a charm! I get
lots of compliments on my lawn.

The engine's aren't Crapsman's weak spot. It's the transmissions, linkages
and other parts which are total crap IMHO.

-Tim

Old 26-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Larry Knight

Hello, Jeff;

Honda used to make some INCREDIBLE compact lawn and garden
tractors.

In 1992, I bought a Honda 5518 tractor, a truly versatile machine,
which I still enjoy today. It has 4 wheel drive with differential lock
option and **4 wheel steering** (yes, rear wheel turns opposite front
wheel in steering - turns on a dime!), 8 forward gears, 4 reverse
gears, front belt driven PTO, rear shaft PTO (1000-2000 RPM type),
front hyraulic lift, rear hydraulic lift with category "0" 3-point
hitch, and a 18 HP 4 stroke engine. What a machine!! I bought a
underbelly mower, rear PTO tiller, and front dozer blade for it, and
many more options were avaiable such as front end loader, snowblower,
street sweeper, rear bush hog, etc, etc. etc!!!

The dealer where I bought mine also carried John Deere, and for the JD
tractors in the same price range, John Deere was a joke by comparison.
They just had nothing but a John Deere name for the price, and very few
features.

Somewhere in the late 1990's, I think, Honda either quit making them,
or quit selling in North America (don't know which). It's really a
shame, because they were such superior machines, like most of what
Honda makes.

If you want to see a picture of a 5518 (this was scanned from a
brochure that I had at the time, go to:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/i/tinytractor/index.html

You could also just do a Google search for 5518 and Honda and see what
turns up.

Larry Knight
Marietta, Georgia