Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2006, 02:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
I Love Lucy

Default Leaf shreaders for home owners

"Danny" wrote in message
Any reccomendations on Leaf shreaders for home owners?

My new Toro self-propelled lawn mower mulches them. I love it. The
only thing I have to worry about is a wind vortex makes a large pile in
one spot, but we just bag those up.

I love mulching the grass, too, doesn't leave a mess and don't have to
bother with a bagger.

If and when I get into composting, there's plenty of other stuff I can
throw in that. Come to think of it, all the leaves I didn't shred for
years have worked themselves into some planting areas and made the soil
more arable, easier to work.

One year I raked and had 30 of those plastic bags full and wasn't near
done. So I gave up on it, just left them to feed the lawn the following
years. But they are a fire hazard so I'm glad to have this new mower.
I didn't want to bother with a mower where you had to change the blade.

Thanks

Dan