Old 03-09-2006, 02:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default mower deck

I just bought a new tractor,Cub cadet slt1550. The tractor is working great
for me except for the deck wash system. It doesnt work so I take the deck
off and wash it down with a garden hose. I will take the deck off for winter
and clean and paint it. Is there and type of coating to go over the paint to
help stop the grass build up and protect the bottom of the deck.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Rich" wrote in message
I just bought a new tractor,Cub cadet slt1550. The tractor is working great
for me except for the deck wash system. It doesnt work so I take the deck
off and wash it down with a garden hose. I will take the deck off for
winter and clean and paint it. Is there and type of coating to go over the
paint to help stop the grass build up and protect the bottom of the deck.

Dear Christmas Turkey, No !

Old 03-09-2006, 04:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Wax or cooking spray?

Old 03-09-2006, 05:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Rich wrote:
I just bought a new tractor,Cub cadet slt1550. The tractor is working great
for me except for the deck wash system. It doesnt work so I take the deck
off and wash it down with a garden hose. I will take the deck off for winter
and clean and paint it. Is there and type of coating to go over the paint to
help stop the grass build up and protect the bottom of the deck.

Not really. The dirt sucked up by the blades will sand it off in quick
order. I use a power washer to clean off the top of the deck and a
scraper to clean the grass clumps from underneath.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 22-09-2006, 07:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
RB RB is offline

I blow 'em off with an electric leaf blower, then rinse the topside off.

Mower deck Q. Steve & Chris Clark United Kingdom 0 06-03-2004 08:22 PM
Cleaning mower deck... Andy & Lucinda Lawns 1 10-05-2003 03:32 PM
Simplicity mower deck LB Gardening 0 03-05-2003 05:08 PM
JD LT160 mower deck problem Chad Graybill Lawns 2 30-04-2003 11:56 PM
Anyone tried the mower deck Wash Port? CNB Lawns 0 03-04-2003 01:08 PM