Old 24-09-2006, 03:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default control of crabgrass,goose grass in vinca

Is there a crabgrass/goose grass pre-emergent safe to use in vinca (myrtle)?

Thanks

Old 24-09-2006, 06:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Chas Hurst wrote:
Is there a crabgrass/goose grass pre-emergent safe to use in vinca (myrtle)?

Thanks

I've been tossing pre-emergent into my vinca minor (periwinkle) and ivy
for the last few years without hurting either.
Frank

Old 24-09-2006, 07:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chas Hurst wrote:
Is there a crabgrass/goose grass pre-emergent safe to use in vinca
(myrtle)?

Thanks

I've been tossing pre-emergent into my vinca minor (periwinkle) and ivy
for the last few years without hurting either.
Frank

What pre-emergent are you using?

Old 24-09-2006, 08:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mike wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chas Hurst wrote:
Is there a crabgrass/goose grass pre-emergent safe to use in vinca
(myrtle)?

Thanks

I've been tossing pre-emergent into my vinca minor (periwinkle) and ivy
for the last few years without hurting either.
Frank

What pre-emergent are you using?

Lesko (Home Depot) and K-gro (K Mart). Have not compared chemicals on
bag but I assume pre-emergent only stops seeds from sprouting and
should not harm existing rooted stuff. My ivy is a mess and this stuff
has taken out a lot of grassy weeds but big problem is rats with
hooves. I did not think they ate it until this year when a section
close to house was obviously grazed during the winter. So in addition
to the pre-emergent, I've added netting to the mix
Frank

Cleavers, goose grass, catchweed David Hill United Kingdom 3 18-06-2012 04:43 PM
Dogs eating goose grass Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 0 09-06-2008 11:20 PM
A goose and a catfish... George Ponds 15 26-05-2004 07:05 AM
Duck, duck, goose! Monique Reed Edible Gardening 1 23-10-2003 02:22 AM
Goose Beans Michael Westwind Edible Gardening 2 25-04-2003 02:08 AM