Old 11-10-2006, 12:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default International 300 Utility

My 300 tractor has been sitting alone up in the woods for a couple years
ever since I hooked the left front wheel on a tree and stripped the steering
gear . My nephew decided we should get her out of there so yesterday we
started on that project. He drained the old gas while I stuck a new battery
in. We tried the key and the switch was corroded and wouldn't turn. Spray
lubricant and playing with it got it to turn. Hit the starter button and
that was corroded beyond help so we took it out and bypassed it. The
starter solenoid clicked lightly but repeated tapping didn't get the starter
engaged so I'll pick up a new 6 volt solenoid at NAPA today. (and a heavy
duty push button switch) We'll get back at it this afternoon. If it
doesn't rain we should have "Old Bertha" out of there before dark.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:

My 300 tractor has been sitting alone up in the woods for a couple years
ever since I hooked the left front wheel on a tree and stripped the steering
gear . My nephew decided we should get her out of there so yesterday we
started on that project. He drained the old gas while I stuck a new battery
in. We tried the key and the switch was corroded and wouldn't turn. Spray
lubricant and playing with it got it to turn. Hit the starter button and
that was corroded beyond help so we took it out and bypassed it. The
starter solenoid clicked lightly but repeated tapping didn't get the starter
engaged so I'll pick up a new 6 volt solenoid at NAPA today. (and a heavy
duty push button switch) We'll get back at it this afternoon. If it
doesn't rain we should have "Old Bertha" out of there before dark.

ROTFLMAO

I bet you were left wondering why I never
tried explaining lime to you.

"till the wood chips in. add some lime."
Old 13-10-2006, 12:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:

[...]

Never gave it a thought. As far as I know the following is the only post
that left me wondering about a reply.

"GrtArtiste" wrote in message
ups.com...

Srgnt Billko wrote:
One possum made the mistake of trying to sneak in the room where my son &
grandson keep a pair of their hawks. By mid-morning today he was half
eaten. The hawks had a very contented look on their faces.

Why does he keep hawks in a room (that is, besides rodent-control)?
Which species of hawk are we talking about?

GrtArtiste

They are licensed breeders. They have a few - I'm not good with names -
Redtails, Kestrels, Harris & and a couple kinds of "pie-eyed" (?) crows if I
remember right.

Buy Nokia N900 $350.nokia N86 $300,htc Hero $300,blackberry Tour 9630 $300 gadget0 Marketplace 0 09-10-2009 08:03 PM
Prunning Trees Near Utility Lines John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 0 26-01-2005 06:32 PM
Free satellite imagery + free utility available for making beautiful base maps Geosage Plant Science 0 23-09-2004 03:13 PM
%$@#*&^ utility workmen Ned Gardening 5 07-07-2004 07:02 PM
Which utility trailer to buy? Snowbear ok? [email protected] Lawns 1 30-04-2004 09:02 PM