Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Diseased Pussywillows

No real damage here from the strong gusty winds the other night but we did
lose a few trees. Mostly just down across our woods roads but our only 2
Pussywillow "trees" in the back yard went down too. They were about 3" and
5" in diameter. They broke off at ground level. When I cut them up today I
saw they were both rotten down there. Some kind of disease or something. Is
there a Pussywillow blight ?

Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
No real damage here from the strong gusty winds the other night but we did
lose a few trees. Mostly just down across our woods roads but our only 2
Pussywillow "trees" in the back yard went down too. They were about 3" and
5" in diameter. They broke off at ground level. When I cut them up today I
saw they were both rotten down there. Some kind of disease or something.
Is there a Pussywillow blight ?

Spiny elm caterpillars (Nymphalis antiopa) feeding on pussy willow.
Pruning bushes also helps prevent disease, fungus and insect problems.

Black pussywillows for bonsai ? Allen Bonsai 1 22-04-2004 05:05 PM
[IBC] Black pussywillows for bonsai ? David J. Bockman Bonsai 0 20-04-2004 12:03 AM
diseased leaf Tom Bell Orchids 1 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Diseased plant altered genetically? VoySager Gardening 8 13-02-2003 05:25 AM
Are my pansies diseased? Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 0 17-12-2002 03:02 PM