Old 12-02-2007, 09:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Hawks on TV

Airing next Sunday night on PBS at 8:00 PM is "Raptor Force". This show that
spotlights raptors also features NAFA members such as Joe Atkinson. Visit
your local PBS station for other air times.

Nature
Raptor Force
Sunday, February 18, 8:00pm

PBS

Raptors such as the peregrine falcon, golden eagle and red-tailed hawk are
spotlighted. Included: a miniature camera captures the world as birds see
it; and chronicles a golden eagle's pursuit of a jackrabbit. Also: raptors'
influence on airplane design.

Old 13-02-2007, 01:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Feb 12, 3:06 pm, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Airing next Sunday night on PBS at 8:00 PM is "Raptor Force". This show that
spotlights raptors also features NAFA members such as Joe Atkinson. Visit
your local PBS station for other air times.

Nature
Raptor Force
Sunday, February 18, 8:00pm

PBS

Raptors such as the peregrine falcon, golden eagle and red-tailed hawk are
spotlighted. Included: a miniature camera captures the world as birds see
it; and chronicles a golden eagle's pursuit of a jackrabbit. Also: raptors'
influence on airplane design.

At first glance I thought You meant the Iowa Hawkeyes wich made me
question Your statement of "not pimping for basketball players"!! Then
I read on..heh heh..
We have Bald Eagles,Red tail and Grey Hawks around here.Back in
the 80s it was rare to see the eagles,they're doin ok now and moving
from the Mississippi up the smaller rivers..I see eagles on canoe
trips often.
Dean

Old 13-02-2007, 04:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Makes you feel good when you spot them doesn't it ?

Old 13-02-2007, 10:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Feb 13, 10:17 am, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Makes you feel good when you spot them doesn't it ?- Hide quoted text -

Yes it does and no mistake..Have seen a whitetail deer or two
standing knee deep too..Picked up a hitchhiker spider once,it was
big(not tarantula big tho)and black/yellow,,wayyy cool,,We let it go
back on shore shortly,,those fangs were kinda nervy..
Heyyy,,brainstorm,,if I junk the old Murray rider the seat would
work good in a canoe!! Best of both worlds!! I might reverse the hinge
so it leans back a bit..I gotta run this idea past My Brother,,He has
a couple extra canoes that are beat-to-shi* but still float..
Dean

Old 14-02-2007, 02:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 13, 10:17 am, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

I'd like to see a picture of the modified canoe. Have you ever seen a
"black-tail" deer ? I don't know the official name of them but some old
rich dude with a large estate in our area imported a bunch some years ago. I
can remember seeing them 10 or 20 years ago but I haven't been in there
since.

Old 14-02-2007, 02:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Feb 13, 8:17 pm, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 13, 10:17 am, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

since.- Hide quoted text -

Never seen one around here,,seems like I've heard of them tho..
The seat actually broke off the Murray but My Brother works in a
fabrication shop and can weld the hinged plate on backwrds so it flips
the other way and add hooks to make it removable..LOL,,this is soundin
fun and practical,,My mid-aged tush gets tired sittin on flat metal
canoe seats for up to 8 hours.
If We melted all the beercans from the years of trips could
probably make a fleet of canoes!! Open the shipping lanes! Here We
come! Swervin all over the river!
Dean