Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered User

Default New Turf Lawn

Hi,

3 days ago I layed a new turf lawn. I notice that in places it is sinking. How do I sort this out? Should I leave the lawn to establish more before I go about sorting it, or should I sort it now? Can I rectify it by putting a top dressing on or is it necessary to lift the turf and top up the soil underneath?

Also, I live in Spain and the temperature at the moment is fluctuating around the 25 - 30 degrees mark, how often should I be watering it?

Would be very greatful of any help, hints and tips :-)
Old 13-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered User

The reason for the lawn shrinking mainly because you have not watered enough or perhaps you have not butted the turfs together correctly. As you live in Spain I would recommend that you put the sprinkler on the lawn and leave for a good 2-3 hours. Once the lawn has established, you will be able to brush in some nice top soil mix.

Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying puppilup Lawns 11 18-08-2011 11:03 PM
Organic Turf / Pesticide Free Turf Mj62 Lawns 7 06-02-2011 06:57 PM
Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 10:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 01:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 11:20 AM