Old 30-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Geo

Default Woodpecker Worries

All,

My friend has a woodpecker that is pecking holes in her house. How does one
get rid of such a pest? I like woodpeckers and would like to avoid violnece
if at all possible, but he is making large holes and something must be done.

Thanx for your ideas
G.

Old 30-11-2002, 01:48 PM

"Geo" wrote:
All,

My friend has a woodpecker that is pecking holes in her house. How does
one get rid of such a pest? I like woodpeckers and would like to avoid
violnece if at all possible, but he is making large holes and something
must be done.

Thanx for your ideas
G.

She might try tanglefoot,here's a link.

http://www.nixalite.com/tangpast.htm

It's usually available at garden centers.

$9.95/Month 50GB,NNTP or WEB
Old 30-11-2002, 01:56 PM

wrote:
"Geo" wrote:
All,

My friend has a woodpecker that is pecking holes in her house. How
does one get rid of such a pest? I like woodpeckers and would like to
avoid violnece if at all possible, but he is making large holes and
something must be done.

Thanx for your ideas
G.

She might try tanglefoot,here's a link.

http://www.nixalite.com/tangpast.htm

It's usually available at garden centers.

BTW..she should be sure the woodpecker isn't going after carpenter ants or
termites!!

$9.95/Month 50GB,NNTP or WEB

water worries stuart noble United Kingdom 49 18-07-2013 12:34 AM
rhodie worries Andrzej Gardening 8 28-04-2012 12:18 PM
Climate change? No worries... Jonno[_22_] Australia 0 14-01-2010 08:16 PM
my Myer lemon worries me andr0meda Australia 0 28-08-2004 10:01 AM
Woodpecker Worries Geo Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:57 PM