Old 26-09-2007, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Mulching? Craftsman

Hi
I just got a used mower from my sis-in-law. It is a Craftsman model #
917.377530 with a B&S 6hp gold engine, bagger mulch. She didnt have the
manual.
Ive googled but not getting much.
Sears site not working for me.
What I would like to know is if there needs to be anything done to it to
mulch?
There is a metal flap on rear that opens to attatch bag. On some mowers
there is a 'plug' at times that needs to be placed to mulch.
Does this mower need a 'plug'?
Thank You
Ray

Old 26-09-2007, 07:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www3.sears.com not working either?

If it loads, search for 917.377530 on it.

At any rate, if the moder deck does not have a grass deflector and is a
solid deck then no, there's nothing that needs plugged. Just leave the
bag off.

Here are the two images from Sears in case you need them.

http://www.hildenbrands.com/temp/m1.jpg
http://www.hildenbrands.com/temp/m2.jpg

Old 26-09-2007, 08:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Thank you
The pictures work.
The site you gave I can get there its when I put the model# in, then
click, I get a pop-up "Site cant be reached"
Thanks again for your help.

Ray

Old 27-09-2007, 02:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Hi
I just got a used mower from my sis-in-law. It is a Craftsman model #
917.377530 with a B&S 6hp gold engine, bagger mulch. She didnt have the
manual.
Ive googled but not getting much.
Sears site not working for me.
What I would like to know is if there needs to be anything done to it to
mulch?
There is a metal flap on rear that opens to attatch bag. On some mowers
there is a 'plug' at times that needs to be placed to mulch.
Does this mower need a 'plug'?
Thank You
Ray

Don't believe the bagging system is needed for mulching on a rear exit
mower. Why would Sears sell a mower that different than the rest of the
available push mowers? Easy way to find out is to use it.
Dave

Old 27-09-2007, 03:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 9/26/2007 9:37 PM Dave said the following:
[...]

The rear discharge mower mulches with the flap closed, or bags with the
flap open and the bag attached. Raising the flap without the bag
attached will throw cut grass all over your feet, or worse, rocks, 12"
pine sticks, or other injurious debris.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 27-09-2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 9/26/2007 9:39 PM, willshak wrote:
[...]

Uh oh...they're growin'.

Heh

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

Luck can't last a lifetime unless you die young.