Old 08-12-2007, 12:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Barking dog next door

We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Old 08-12-2007, 12:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Sammy bin Snoozin said:

We have a dog next door that barks day and night.

That's what dogs do.

Owner won't do anything about it.

Are you inside the city limits? If so, and the dog barks at later hours
(say, after 9pm), the local authorities can /maybe/ make them do something
about it. That would depend on the local statutes.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Not that works long range. Most sound emitters are attached to the collar.
I would think something on the fence line would cause more problems. Every
time there's a loud noice, it may go off. Plus, other dogs in the
neighborhood could hear it. How would that affect them? At a greater range,
it probably wouldn't 'hurt their ears', but it may make /them/ start
barking.

Your word-wrap is still borked. It appears non-existant, now. =/

--

Eggs

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 00:03:37 GMT, "Sammy bin Snoozin"
wrote:

We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Never built one myself:_ parabolic reflector_

http://www.matthope.org/matt's%20plans/dish/dish.htm
Old 09-12-2007, 01:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Dec 7, 6:03 pm, "Sammy bin Snoozin"
wrote:
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Google: "Super Outdoor Bark Free"
Pole mounted, battery operated, adjustable frequency, 50' range.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Broderick Crawford ililililil" wrote in
message ...
Sammy bin Snoozin wrote:
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do

anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and

when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is
too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

The dog had NO RIGHT to disturb your peace. If the authorities won't do
anything I'd give him a lead pill.

That's nonsense. Dogs do not have rights and are not citizens. YOU have
a right to the peaceful enjoyment of your property, however. See and
attorney.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Broderick Crawford ililililil said:

Sammy bin Snoozin wrote:
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

The dog had NO RIGHT to disturb your peace. If the authorities won't do
anything I'd give him a lead pill.

LMAO

You've got to be one of the biggest back-woods, hillbilly, mother ****ers
to post here in a long time. Dog's don't have any rights, you stupid ****.
Dogs bark. That's what they do. It's up to the owner to control when the
dog is in a position to create a nuisance with it's barking, or not.

--

Eggs

..sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Sammy bin Snoozin wrote:
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

I have the same problem. I bought a boat air horn for about $20 and when
he keeps barking for more than 15 minutes or so, I walk up to the fence,
point it right at him, and give him a 2-3 second blast. That usually
stops him. His owner is a real prick and won't do anything about it. He
doesn't seem to mind me blasting his dog though.

--
Art
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I have a neighbor that has a barkng dog. It will stand at the fence and
bark all day if I am out in the yard or garden. I thought about calling
the cops BUT the owner is a State Trooper. SO now what.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mel M Kelly wrote:
I have a neighbor that has a barkng dog. It will stand at the fence and
bark all day if I am out in the yard or garden. I thought about calling
the cops BUT the owner is a State Trooper. SO now what.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

He's above the law because he's a Trooper? Call his superior.
And if they retaliate you have grounds for harassment. Worked for me.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I have a neighbor that has a barkng dog. It will stand at the fence and
bark all day if I am out in the yard or garden. I thought about calling
the cops BUT the owner is a State Trooper. SO now what.

Try a squirt bottle full of hot sauce. I have used plastic lemons with
"Dave's Insanity" sauce.

Or, how about turning on the garden hose?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Sammy bin Snoozin wrote:
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

The dog had NO RIGHT to disturb your peace. If the authorities won't do
anything I'd give him a lead pill.

LMAO

You've got to be one of the biggest back-woods, hillbilly, mother ****ers
to post here in a long time. Dog's don't have any rights, you stupid ****.
Dogs bark. That's what they do. It's up to the owner to control when the
dog is in a position to create a nuisance with it's barking, or not.

What part of " NO RIGHT " confuses you ?

Is it the " NO " part ?

Apparently you have some edumacation left to come up to hillbilly
level ....

oh ... uh ... mother ****ers
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Sammy bin Snoozin wrote:
[...]

Bosco, are you directing your reply at the OP, or me? lol

--

Eggs

-A jumper cable walks into a bar. The barman says "I'll serve you, but
don't start anything."
Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

You made me think of a possible solution. I have had an occasion
to install a high frequency buzzer (3000hz) into a 6 foot x 4 inch PVC
tube. Believe it or not if you insulate the butt end of the tube the
sound will almost disappear completely unless you are in the path of
the end of the tube. I believe the buzzer I had was 90db at a foot and
required just .003 amps at 12volts. Sound at this high frequency
requires a minimal amount of power, so you can leave it running
continually without any real cost.

My suggestion for you is to find a 20000hz or more buzzer that you
can't hear and mount it in a PVC tube of the appropriate size. Aim it
and wait for the dog to commit suicide.