Old 13-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered User

Unhappy I ran over a rock with my lawnmower. Help!

Hi
Does anyone know why my lawnmower won't start after I ran over a rock with it?? I changed the fuse but that didn't help.
Please help!!
Old 13-01-2008, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default I ran over a rock with my lawnmower. Help!

news

--
pepipootles

Shouldn't be a problem. Most mowers have a secondary use as rock grinders.
I chew up about a yard of rock per year with mine. Use the ground up stone
in my driveway.

Old 14-01-2008, 12:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"jacko" wrote in message
Most likely the flywheel key is sheared and the motor is off it's timing.

He said he replaced the "fuse". That should have corrected the timing.

Old 14-01-2008, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Srgnt Billko wrote:

jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

Hi
Does anyone know why my lawnmower won't start after I ran over a rock
with it?? I changed the fuse but that didn't help.
Please help!!

Most likely the flywheel key is sheared and the motor is off it's timing.

He said he replaced the "fuse". That should have corrected the timing.

no no no.. to correct the timing you need to click
on control panel and then double click on date/time...

Old 14-01-2008, 06:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:02:21 -0500, Jim wrote:

Srgnt Billko wrote:

jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

Hi
Does anyone know why my lawnmower won't start after I ran over a rock
with it?? I changed the fuse but that didn't help.
Please help!!

Most likely the flywheel key is sheared and the motor is off it's timing.

He said he replaced the "fuse". That should have corrected the timing.

no no no.. to correct the timing you need to click
on control panel and then double click on date/time...

Yes, but you must reboot after that.

Old 14-01-2008, 06:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Duff wrote:

Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

Hi
Does anyone know why my lawnmower won't start after I ran over a rock
with it?? I changed the fuse but that didn't help.
Please help!!

Most likely the flywheel key is sheared and the motor is off it's timing.

He said he replaced the "fuse". That should have corrected the timing.

no no no.. to correct the timing you need to click
on control panel and then double click on date/time...

Yes, but you must reboot after that.

that's always a good time to click on power/management and take
a look at the spark plug. btw - clicking on power/management before
changing any fuses reduces the chances of a reverse power surge being
released from the matter inverter back into the fusion coupler where
an oscillation has the potential to develop between the fusion coupler
and the ground emf emitter. double the risk if we're talking dual
reaction platform.

btw - have any of you had your neighbor residing on your left side
complain of their PC running slower while you're mowing your lawn?
Old 14-01-2008, 05:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim" wrote in message
Duff wrote:

Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

[...]

We should write a self-help book.

Old 14-01-2008, 10:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Duff wrote:

Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

[...]

Did th OP check the flux capacitor? those things always burn out when your
mowing your rocks
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 14-01-2008, 11:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Duff wrote:

Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

[...]

Is it the same when you mow 10" sticks ? LOL (Happy New Year)

Old 15-01-2008, 12:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Clark wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Jim wrote:
Duff wrote:
Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

[...]

several addendums as well as a number of supplemental publications
have been published and sent out to make the user aware of how when
mowing rocks a precautionary readjustment of regaping the flux
capacitor from 30 nerdtrons to 41 nerdtrons will eliminate overloads
resulting in flux capacitor burn out.

I anticipate it will take a number of years before all of the users
of alternative fuel mowers are completely and fully aware of the
versatility of their machine when proper adjustments are adhered to
before hand.
Old 15-01-2008, 01:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Nil Nil is offline

On 14 Jan 2008, "Clark..." wrote in
alt.home.lawn.garden:

Did th OP check the flux capacitor? those things always burn out
when your mowing your rocks

I prefer a safety razor for that.

Old 15-01-2008, 06:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GWB GWB is offline

How big was the rock?
And was it igneous, sedimentary or metamorphic?
Old 15-01-2008, 10:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Duff wrote:

Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
jacko wrote:
pepipootles wrote:

[...]

Nope, 10" sticks bork the warp field generator and usually it can't be
easily re-calibrated so your just better off ordering a new one.
;-p

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Spider mites, over and over and over Jonathan Sachs[_2_] Gardening 9 09-08-2007 04:37 AM
To-yo-ran Barra Orchids 0 28-02-2004 09:35 PM
To-yo-ran Barra Orchids 4 27-02-2004 07:12 AM
To-yo-ran Barra Orchids 3 26-02-2004 05:26 PM
eat more rock, aka rock rocks! twisted IRONy Australia 0 24-11-2003 10:59 AM