Old 25-07-2008, 11:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default the sound of Crickets

That's all I hear in this group!!!!!
lol
The heavy rain out here washed out some of the driveway, but, the garden is
happy, got cuc's, Zuc's, big green better boy tomatoes, but the yellow
squash does not seem to be getting pollinated, lots of flowers no
vegetables.??
Clark...

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 25-07-2008, 01:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

That's all I hear in this group!!!!!
lol
The heavy rain out here washed out some of the driveway, but, the

garden is
happy, got cuc's, Zuc's, big green better boy tomatoes, but the yellow
squash does not seem to be getting pollinated, lots of flowers no
vegetables.??

Dog day cicadas are buzzing

Green beans, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn (yum!),
soft-ball sized kohlrabi, green and yellow zuchinni ready for eating

onions starting to flop over

Waiting on potatoes (soon), shell beans (ditto)

Longer wait, leeks, celery root and winter squash

garlic harvested

spring lettuce bolted, peas gone

strawberries done, raspberries coming on

golden beets a disappointment (so far)

got to start plants for the fall lettuce and bok choy

herbs available as needed

still mowing the lawn at least every 4th day (mower at highest setting)

pulling maple seedlings everywhere, every day (bumper crop)

After enlightenment, the laundry.

Old 25-07-2008, 05:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

but the yellow
squash does not seem to be getting pollinated, lots of flowers no
vegetables.??

Are they male flowers? You'll see many more of those, than female ones. If
you're unsure which is which, Google it. =P

--

Eggs

Is it possible to be totally partial?
Old 25-07-2008, 09:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

but the yellow
squash does not seem to be getting pollinated, lots of flowers no
vegetables.??

Are they male flowers? You'll see many more of those, than female
ones. If you're unsure which is which, Google it. =P

Holy crap! I learn something every day !!! (no I am not being sarcastic)
There are male flowers??? no sh!t ??
This why I leave this stuff to Kathy! ( she is on vacation at the Cape Cod )
So that is why I was wondering,,,, when she gets home she would have set me
straight.
I don't even know the name of any of the flowers she has planted everywhere,
just that they are perennials.. that means they come back every year ya
know..
I did notice some yellow squash just now ( I was tying up the tomatoes) and
that's about all I'm allowed to do...
Clark...

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY Kulin Remailer Gardening 1 19-05-2011 02:42 PM
RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY Kulin Remailer Gardening 2 19-05-2011 08:24 AM
Toad song begins...crickets on speed Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 7 06-04-2003 09:20 AM
Crickets Jim Australia 6 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Crickets Jim Australia 7 12-03-2003 09:00 PM