Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default 5 hp ariens snowblower

I have this snowblower, it is an old one, tecumseh engine. It has
good spark , until it turns over and fires and the flywheel key shears
off. When I pull with the plug disconnected there is no issue. As
soon as the engine fires it shears the key. Do i need to adjust the
valves etc?

Thanks

Old 15-10-2008, 04:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message

I have this snowblower, it is an old one, tecumseh engine. *It has
good spark , until it turns over and fires and the flywheel key shears
off. *When I pull with the plug disconnected there is no issue. *As
soon as the engine fires it shears the key. *Do i need to adjust the
valves etc?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

The name Techumseh says it all. Yea, it may be the most popularly used
engine on snowblowers but its still a piece of shit.
Adjusting the valves will have nothing to do with the engine shearing
the key. Is there any other "binding" situation that is causing the
key to shear, and if not, it has to be with timing, but I do not see
how it can be that far out of time to cause it to shear key that quick
and still be able to start. Pitch the dam thing and buy a new one,
its given up allthe goodie it can muster.......T E C U M S E H ...yuc!

snowblower - ariens/tecumseh carb problem bently Lawns 8 26-03-2018 06:44 PM
Old Ariens Snowblower w/5HP Tecumseh Engine AmyB Lawns 5 06-11-2006 10:42 PM
Ariens snowblower electrical part Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 01-01-2006 10:29 PM
Wanted: old Ariens grass catcher kit David_T (MO) Gardening 0 07-12-2004 09:49 PM
WTB: Ariens tiller head Tallgrass Gardening 0 13-01-2004 08:02 PM