Old 15-04-2009, 12:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default somewhat ot snowblower question.

this is the closest newsgroup I could find for this. anyway I recently
aquired an old yardman snowbird snowblower 3hp 20 inch. not in running
condition. My dad was trying to get it to run better and got the carb
settings wayyyy off. does anybody have a suggestion on carb settings.
otherwise I'm just gonna start at about 2 turns out for each and go from
there.

Old 17-04-2009, 12:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Rob Mcgee wrote:
this is the closest newsgroup I could find for this. anyway I recently
aquired an old yardman snowbird snowblower 3hp 20 inch. not in running
condition. My dad was trying to get it to run better and got the carb

How can it be "not in running condition" if he is trying to get it
running better?

settings wayyyy off. does anybody have a suggestion on carb settings.
otherwise I'm just gonna start at about 2 turns out for each and go from

Not even gonna say what kind of engine?

With zero information, I'd guess 1-1/4 turns. I have never seen a small
engine that the initial adjustment was 2. Usually 1 to 1-1/2.

--
Art
Old 17-04-2009, 02:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 4/14/2009 7:46 PM (ET) Rob Mcgee wrote the following:
this is the closest newsgroup I could find for this. anyway I recently
aquired an old yardman snowbird snowblower 3hp 20 inch. not in running
condition. My dad was trying to get it to run better and got the carb
settings wayyyy off. does anybody have a suggestion on carb settings.
otherwise I'm just gonna start at about 2 turns out for each and go from
there.

Look in the phone book for small engine repair. Get a pro to fix it.
You probably got it for nothing, so spend a few bucks to get it running.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Snowblower starter question dave Lawns 1 07-01-2006 05:51 PM
Somewhat OT/ Fleas in the yard jammer Gardening 1 04-07-2003 04:44 AM
snowblower manual pull starter question Alan Lawns 4 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
greenhouse for a very windy spot? (somewhat off topic) Keith \(Portland\) United Kingdom 0 03-03-2003 11:28 PM
snowblower manual pull starter question Alan Lawns 4 24-02-2003 08:59 AM