Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 AM
M Thomas

Default Need a good strong fast growing tree

I'm probably looking for too much in this request.....any thoughts?

I need a tree that grows fast, and tall, and is very strong due to high wind
area. I am looking at a Sugar Maple (Acer Saccharum). White Poplar's
(Populus Alba) grow really fast, and can bring some real good shade in just
a few years. However, it seems like I see about 1 out or 8 or so that don't
make it past 40 feet high before they die off. I also fear they won't hold
up in the wind.

Thanks

--Mike Thomas

Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 AM

"M Thomas" wrote:
I'm probably looking for too much in this request.....any thoughts?

I need a tree that grows fast, and tall, and is very strong due to high
wind area. I am looking at a Sugar Maple (Acer Saccharum). White Poplar's
(Populus Alba) grow really fast, and can bring some real good shade in
just a few years. However, it seems like I see about 1 out or 8 or so
that don't make it past 40 feet high before they die off. I also fear
they won't hold up in the wind.

You need a tree spade.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 03-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Chet Hayes

See my earlier post under "parkway tree" where I suggested a Dawn
Redwood. They grow very fast, can reach 80 ft, are rugged, and in my
opinion, one of the nicest trees.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:32 PM
kdka

I planted cottonless cottonwoods about 20 years ago. They are now 40
feet tall and still growing. Nary a cottonseed in all this time.

Old 08-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Scott Downey

Look into willow oak

http://www.about-oak-trees.com/trees...owoaktrees.htm