Old 05-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Chris

Default Aerating Lawn

I have a large lawn about 1.5 acres really heavy soil looks to have a lot of
clay in it. What is good to use as top dressing for this type of lawn?
Something that can be put in a drop spreader or broadcast spreader.

Old 05-06-2003, 04:32 AM

"Chris" wrote:
I have a large lawn about 1.5 acres really heavy soil looks to have a lot
of clay in it. What is good to use as top dressing for this type of lawn?
Something that can be put in a drop spreader or broadcast spreader.

First off, aeration and top dressing are two completely different
things. Core aeration is done by machine, perhaps a pull behind
unit on a lawn your size. (sometimes walk behind) A simple coring
of the turf.

Top dressing usually involves too much material for a spreader,
unless you have acsess to a blower type. Time for some wheel
barrow action there, Chris.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 05-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Chris

Yuck, this is what I was afraid of. I wanted to aerate the lawn then put a
little something down to get into the holes to help ammend the soil. Might
just have to aerate fertilize water and let alone.

Old 06-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Gene Moon

I have 12,000 square feet of yard and the soil was well packed through 25
years of just mere watering and "basic" lawncare. I paid $90 to have it
aerated and now my lawn after about a month and a half has really thickened
up.

Gene

wrote in message
"Chris" wrote:
I have a large lawn about 1.5 acres really heavy soil looks to have a

lot
of clay in it. What is good to use as top dressing for this type of

lawn?
Something that can be put in a drop spreader or broadcast spreader.

First off, aeration and top dressing are two completely different
things. Core aeration is done by machine, perhaps a pull behind
unit on a lawn your size. (sometimes walk behind) A simple coring
of the turf.

Top dressing usually involves too much material for a spreader,
unless you have acsess to a blower type. Time for some wheel
barrow action there, Chris.

--
GO# 40

http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month

Aerating the lawn. Dermuid United Kingdom 2 11-06-2004 02:54 AM
aerating lawn: anyone try those shoes? Heidi Gardening 8 15-08-2003 04:42 PM
Aerating the lawn - which type of sand ged hickman United Kingdom 1 18-05-2003 08:44 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 4 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 1 30-03-2003 04:56 PM