Old 18-05-2003, 04:32 PM
ged hickman

Default Aerating the lawn - which type of sand

I'm startting off on the long haul of inproving my clay soil based lawn. I
know that one can improve the drainage by froking in holes and sweeping in
sand. Question is, what sort of sand? Builders, sharp or silver?

thanks in advance

Old 18-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
ged hickman wrote:
I'm startting off on the long haul of inproving my clay soil based lawn. I
know that one can improve the drainage by froking in holes and sweeping in
sand. Question is, what sort of sand? Builders, sharp or silver?

Sharp, unless you pave your driveway with gold. Silver is too close
to clay (in this sense).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

builders sand instead of horticultural sand jw 111 Texas 15 24-08-2005 02:46 PM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 04:20 PM
Aerating Lawn Chris Lawns 3 06-06-2003 03:32 AM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 4 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 1 30-03-2003 04:56 PM