Old 07-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Thomas Cramer

Default Cordless Grass Trimmers

I was interested in purchasing a grass trimmer and was curious about
the cordless models. I have had a good deal of experience with the
gas models, but my current small yard just does not seem to call for
the power that a gas model has. So how well do cordless models
perform? Can they cut through thick grass and for how long? Are
there two line models or just single strand? Also, what are the
maintenance costs/battery replacement cost? Thanks in advance for the
help!

TC
Old 09-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Die Spammer

Thomas Cramer wrote:

I was interested in purchasing a grass trimmer and was curious about
the cordless models. I have had a good deal of experience with the
gas models, but my current small yard just does not seem to call for
the power that a gas model has. So how well do cordless models
perform? Can they cut through thick grass and for how long? Are
there two line models or just single strand? Also, what are the
maintenance costs/battery replacement cost? Thanks in advance for the
help!

TC

if you have thick grass then stick with a gas power. what grass trimmer
you have now?

LOL you want to use a weak cordless grass trimmer on thick grass? Just
use what ya got now....

Old 10-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Andy & Lucinda

I have 3 acres +structures (house, garage, above-ground pool with deck,
propane tank, etc) and I bought a Black-and-Decker cordless trimmer. It
does the job - yeah, it takes about 1/2 an hour, but nothing to screw
with other than cleaning out the guard and replacing the spool.

It's a one-stringer. Frankly, I'd never used a string trimmer before
(only the heavy-duty farm type with the big-assed radial saw blade).
I'll call it adequate. Biggest plus is as I said - low upkeep. Plus
only cost like 60 bucks.

Andy
--
***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***
Old 10-06-2003, 02:20 AM
William D.

I will second that. I have the black & decker as well. I've had it for
about a year. My yard is about 10,000 sq feet without a lot of trimming (15
minutes generally) and it works fine. The re-chargeable battery has held up
fine - I don't always re-charge between uses and it has never been a
problem. If I had a lot of trimming, my opinion might change.

Old 10-06-2003, 03:09 PM
William D.

"William D." wrote in message
[...]

One possible complaint about this model, that I didn't mention above, is
that it is a bit awkward to handle. The handles are a bit close together
and there is not shoulder strap. It's not very heavy though and for a small
job it is really not much of an issue. If I were on it for much more than a
half hour, I would probably want something else.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Thomas Cramer

if you have thick grass then stick with a gas power. what grass trimmer
you have now?

LOL you want to use a weak cordless grass trimmer on thick grass? Just
use what ya got now....

I actually do not have a trimmer at the moment, though I have used a
variety of top of the line gas models in the past. I have seen that
Black and Decker model around alot, and was considering it, although
there is a less than flattering review from Consumer Reports. Anyone
else have experience with any of the other brands?

TC